Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mom and Dad's New Home

Back in April, my parents house, which had been on the market for almost a year, finally sold. This was much to their delight and my chagrin. I didn't want them to move into a different home. I wanted them to stay in my childhood home and town for the rest of my life (notice I said "my life" not "their lives"). So, in July, after much packing, purging, and questioning if they'd made the right decision and then deciding that they had indeed done the right thing and just had to deal with the fact that no matter how right the decision was, they were still gonna cry when they left the home that they'd raised their children in and had so many memories of their grandchildren in, they moved into their new home. Now that I've been in their new home, I can see why they love it. It's them. It smells like Mom and Dad's house always has. It's very comfortable. There's still room for us. It's only 700 sq. feet, half the size of their last home. Like I said before, my mom can vacuum the entire house from one outlet. How many of us can say that!

So, Inkling, I've been promising you pics of Mom and Dad's new house so you can see that it's still them even though they moved out of the old place.

The front yard.



The bathroom.


Mom and Dad's bedroom.


Mom's office.


The living room with the window treatments that I came up with. Mom and I put them up together while I was visiting.



View into kitchen from the living room.


The kitchen.


Check out the fridge...


Another shot of the fridge...


Yes, the fridge is stuck in the wall two feet off the floor. Previous owners decided that in order to make more space in the kitchen, that they would put the fridge in the wall. Their only obstacle was the basement steps that are right under it, so they jacked it up two feet and voila... a fridge in the wall. There's a stepstool that lives right next to at all times.


The skylights.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my daughter ... you showed it well...I will call on you to be our realator...I'm not sure if that's how you spell that... if we decide to move again...at this time dad & I have decided if we move again...it is either to be closer to you, a nursing home or the...grave yard.:+}and you are so right we love it here...happy as pigs in slop as they say...
Love you my friend and my precious daughter...Mom

Anonymous said...

I love their house. I also love the curtains you chose. Do you wanna come help me finish decorating my house? You and I have very similar tastes... I just can't seem to get the creative bug in me to get it finished!

B

Queen Mother said...

cute cute cute

you have to send FarmWife an e-mail and tell us were they live.

Lauren said...

What a cute house!

Anonymous said...

Where are you finding these blog layouts?? They are so cute! I can't find anymore on Pyzam that catch my eye.

B

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

I REALLY LIKE THE HOUSE! THAT FRIG IS COOL..NEVER SEEN ONE LIKE THAT!

Anonymous said...

OK I need help. I tried using that site you told me to change my blog, and blogger keeps saying that it won't accept the template. How did you get yours to work? I copied and pasted the text from TCBOTB to my page, but it won't work. I'm getting frustrated :( Any help you can give will be appreciated greatly!

B

Anonymous said...

I made a major boo boo! Look at my blog... there are no posts.. just a template. If I would give you my user name and password would you help me figure out what the HEdoublehockeysticks I did??