Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year and Yes I'm Still Around

With the brand new year I'm gonna try to post on here a little more often than I have for the last year or more. Unfortunately for this blog, life gets in the way and Facebook's just quicker and requires less thought.

The school year's going good for the kids. The boys unfortunately have a really tough teacher this year and it's not unusual for them to have two hours of homework in the evening. Not bad if your in high school, but they're fifth graders for crapsake. Bee is learning to read and doing amazing with it. We are seriously considering homeschooling next fall. Not because we don't like the school they are in, but because it's something we always wanted to do and just never done. We're looking at a couple of online academies to see what we think of them. I would love to have them home learning with us. We shall see.

Bee is in Daisy scouts again this year. This is the first year they've had first graders be Daisies instead of moving up to Brownies. Cookie sales are going right now. They started on Sunday,(although there were girls selling door to door before that who apparently thought they were above the rules), and Bee had sold about 70 boxes before the day was up. She's a good little salesgirl.

Prophet is still loving soccer. This time of the year, there are no leagues playing, but he starts footskills on Wednesday here soon. Both the boys are playing instruments this year at school. D.K. is playing the trumpet and Prophet's playing the clarinet. If they'd just practice more often, they'd actually be pretty good. Can't figure out how to convince them of that though.

With this being my first year in over 12 years of not having anyone at home during the day since Bee started school all day, this stay at home mom had some adjusting to do. I volunteer at the school 3 days a week. Clean the house on one day, and try to run errands on another. My health still has its ups and downs but I take it as it comes and just keep trodding along.

We absolutely love living here in Ohio. I have made some wonderful friends that I love dearly and know I can depend on no matter what. This is the best little town in the world as far as we're concerned. My hubby is now working for Goodwill as well as being the youth and children's pastor at the church. Both have pretty much full time hours, so there are some days that he's exhausted, but still manages to pick up the kids from school and eat dinner with us most of the time.

I've really been into Facebook lately and have found many old friends. I also love keeping up with all my local friends on there too. While FB is a great thing, it also has the ability to cause arguments and such when you write something that others don't agree with, and instead of letting it go, they just keep going with it. Such was the case last month so I stepped away from it for awhile. The internet's a great thing most of the time, but sometimes you just have to know when to step away.

Anyway, I know this is pretty boring stuff, especially if you're one of my FB friends who I "see" everyday. Love to you all, and here's hoping I get on here more than twice in 2010!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Woah 70 boxes already?! She is my hero.

Grace said...

Lol Kristy, there's just not a shy bone in that child's body so she'll ask anyone. There are times, like when we're at Walmart, that it makes me utterly crazy.

BTW... please know that I'm not tooting my own horn (u know what I mean). I seriously thought my grandma was the only person left reading this, so I was catching her up.