Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Not only is it Valentine's Day, but it's also Bee's 5th birthday! My littlest is 5 years old, oh my! When exactly did that happen! She'll start kindergarten in the fall! Wow!

We have an extra, small person in our house this morning. She's a friend of Bees. Her mama and I have become friends so we swap kids occasionally so each of us can get something accomplished without short people taggin' along! After properly greeting Bowzer (who will not be ignored), Bee and her disappear soon after she walks thru the door! It's quite nice havin' someone to occupy her time other than myself on occasion! As I sit here, I can here them very dramatically acting out the book "How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon"! When they got to the "get sick in a pail" part they were both hootin' and hollerin' like they are great comedians! Too funny!

Last night, the boys and I spent quite some time working on their Valentine's for school! We bought pretzel sticks, small than actual pretzel rods, but bigger than the thin little sticks that you usually see, and then we dipped them in melted red candy and swirled them with white melted candy! they turned out really cute! We put three into each little bag, cut out little red tags for the "to" and "from", tied those on with silver twisty ties, and called it a Valentine! They are really cute and unique! I'm working on Bee's right now! I decided since her friend is here, that I'd do the pretzels and she can do the labels later this afternoon!

Bee is trying to talk her friend into going downstairs to play in the playroom, but we make the mistake of referring to it as "the basement" like we normally do in our family. Now she just insists that there are goblins down there and won't go down!

This afternoon, Bee and I will head to the boys' school for an afternoon of running back and forth between their classrooms for their parties! I love days like today! They are memory makes for them and me both! I know they're busy, but the air is so festive and fun! I have to take juice for D.K.'s party and celery for Prophet's class! D.K.'s class is having a pizza party for lunch today... they won the penny drive to celebrate the 100th day of school! All the pennies were given to two different groups here in town. One for abused woman and the other to supply books for small people who need them! The school raised almost $500. Not bad for a one week drive in one of the poorest neighborhoods in town!

Later dudes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun with the kids..that pretzel thing sound cool

crt said...

sounds like you all had a great day. we could bring any food into the school when em went to k5. all snacks for parties were provided by the school. quite a bummer really.