Friday, February 29, 2008

Random Grace

Smart Guy got his head shaved today. We told Bee that the lady put special lotion on his head so his hair will never grow back. She, of course, believes us...five year olds are so much fun!

Our power went out at 6:50 this morning. It didn't come back on until after 3:00. It was around 55 degrees in here by that time!

It snowed again last night! Ugh! Spring can arrive any moment now. Since the middle of January, there's been snow on the ground about 90% of the time! Enough already!

D.K. did what he's calling a "belly slide" all the way around the house in the snow the other day. It looks like an 18 inch wide snake make a circle around the house! He's strangely proud!

Our boys have been with us to do the Meals on Wheels route the last three Friday mornings... we now have to make up snow days at the end of the year!!

Bee was devastated that she did not have school this afternoon. I can't wait to see if she's that happy about going to kindergarten everyday next year!

I just recently found out that at the beginning of the school year Prophet was reading out loud in class and stopped dead when he arrived at the word "stupid", refusing to say it. His teacher told him to use the word "silly" instead... to this day, no one else in the class will use the word "stupid"... only "silly"!

Both my boys scored at a mid fourth grade reading level half-way thru their third grade year.

You know your kids love books when they find out thru over hearing conversation that there's boxes of books in storage and they nearly panic because they may belong to them and they may not have read them yet!!

I finally ordered "The Shack" tonight!

The dog didn't get put in the basement when we left this evening. We came home to a trash all over the kitchen and a hiding dog! Upon questioning if the person responsible for feeding him this morning had done so, Prophet smacked his hand to his forhead and said "Oh, I forgot." To which Smart Guy responded, "Get busy Big Guy!" There was no arguing whatsoever.

Last week after gymnastics class, Bee's coach asked Smart Guy if she ever stops talking?

Yesterday, Bee's swim coach told me that "she did excellent in class today, she never shut-up, but she did excellent."

Tonight when Smart Guy and I went into Great Clips to get our hair cut, Bee walked straight in, sat down next to the obviously pregnant girl sitting alone on the other side of the room and proceeded to tell her everything about our family except the amount of our tax returns!

We're thinking about getting her some therapy for her extreme shyness!!!

Did you know that Immodium A-D taken alone doesn't generally have an effect on the body (other than the wanted one)? Also, Tylenol-3 doesn't generally have an effect either (before you say "what", remember I've been put totally out 8 times since this time last year and taken much stronger pain pills than that). BUT, taken together, they cause a crazy reaction in which I can't hold my head up about 45 minutes after swallowing! The sad part is that it took several times of doing this before I put two and two together and realized the reason why it was happening! Geez!

My heart is currently in turmoil over something I found out yesterday evening. I'm not sure what to do yet.

Inkling called last night and Ruby call this afternoon! I'm getting off of here and calling them both back before I need to go to bed for the night!! Later Taters!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Okay, it just seems crazy that it feels like Spring here, while you guys are still in full-fledged winter.

I'm probably going to have to buy "The Shack", or find a copy to borrow.. The library is so backed up, their website won't let me put it on hold!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Grace! Funny, reading this post I remembered some movie from when I was a kid where a girl put a "special lotion" on her hair that did the opposite - it made it grow an inch every 20 minutes and she would have to cut off yards and yards everyday. Strange flashback! :)

Anonymous said...

What a way to leave a blog? "My heart is in a turmoil". What's going on, Sweetie? You have had looooooooots of snow. We have had a terrible winter. Spring is around the corner!!! Maybe lunch one of these days, huh!!!!!??? Love you