Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Alive Festival 2008

We just got in from the "Alive" Christian music festival over in Canal Fulton. It's much like the "Ichthus" festival down in KY for those of you familiar with it. We arrived there at 2:00 this afternoon and left at 11:45 just as David Crowder was finishing up leading the final worship of the night. We decided to get out a little early as to avoid having to slowly make our way to the front with the other 1000's upon 1000's of people leaving. We really need to get us a big wagon to carry our stuff in, because we just barely have enough hands for the cooler, picnic basket (on wheels), 5lawn chairs, quilt for the ground, blankets for cool evenings, and backpack containing books and drawing for the kids during things they don't care to listen to. Geez! But we made it and lived to tell the tale.

Did anyone else know that Jaci Velasquez is married to the lead singer for Salvadore and now has a 7 month old baby? Is this common knowledge and I've just been living under a rock?

At one point this evening the lead singer for the worship band "Parachute", from New Zealand, was talking about his life-story and in doing so, said the phrase, "I hated God....". Miss Bee was very quietly sitting on the quilt in front of us drawing pictures while appearing not to be listening to him at all, but when she heard him say that he hated God, she turned around to Smart Guy and I, with her mouth dropped to the ground like she'd heard someone say the most heinous thing ever. She very seriously said, "He shouldn't hate God. That's bad." We haven't had a chance to discuss with her what he was talking about yet. It's just too loud out there to have any kind of discussions about anything.

Bee and I walked over to the campgrounds where many of the festival goers are camped for the week and walked around. I was already disappointed not to be there in the middle of it all camping with everyone, and as we breathed in the campfire smells as we strolled, I became even more sad that we had to drive back here to sleep in our nice comfortable beds. (I love to camp) Well, I'm now glad we aren't out there. By the time we left, we could see our breath from the chill in the air. It is cold out there tonight. We were all shivering like madd people. We did dress for cooler weather, but not as cool as it ended up getting. We have better dressing plans for tomorrow, as it's supposed to be just as cool all day tomorrow.

Well, I'm sleepy. I'll post pics sometime. Probably not tomorrow as we're going to the festival much earlier in the day and coming home just as late. Friday, I'm once again having another procedure to take care of my fun "issues" with my Crohn's, so I'll be out of it most of the day. If I wake-up enough Friday evening, I may get to it them, but don't hold your breath. Saturday I'm planning to pack up and head back out to the festival. Smart Guy says if I can drag myself out there, he'll make two trips from the car to get everything out there, so I won't have to carry anything and then he'll take care of everything where the kids are concerned. I really, really want to go because Chris Tomlin is leading worship that night and I certainly don't want to miss that!! Tomorrow night is Casting Crowns! I can't wait! That's what I've been looking forward to the most.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're in my thoughts with your procedure..I'm glad you're having a good time there.
hugs

Lauren said...

Yep, I heard Jaci and Salvador dude were married a while back. I don't think 2nd marriages are all that popular in the CCM market, so even though it was announced to the media, I think people have been hush hush. (She was briefly married once before.)

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

I LOVE THE ALIVE FESTIVAL!!! WE WENT QUITE A FEW YEARS BACK AND MY HUSBAND WENT BACK WHEN "DC TALK" WAS THERE! FUNNY!!
WE GOT TO HEAR STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN,SALVADOR,KUTLESS,CASTING CROWNS AND MUCH MORE!
I HATE TO CAMP SO WE JUST WENT FOR THE DAY!