Monday, June 23, 2008

My Children Have Been Banned

While preparing for the death of a family member, a dear friend once said to me, "Marriage and death have a way of bringing out the best and worst in a family." Yep, that's true, and our family certainly wouldn't want to challenge that theory.

Granny is still holding on. All the great-grandkids have been able to see her, but now they have been banned (by a few family members who believe they are actually in charge of all of us) from even being at the house, or actually even outside, which is where they've spent 99% of their time while we've been over there, going in to only use the restroom on occasion ( and then being extremely quiet). There's alot of hurt going on in some hearts right now, and it's threatening to turn into some serious anger issues. Please pray that everyone stays calm and lays off the need to be right and in charge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is with you..my prayers are with you!!

Anonymous said...

Your family is in my prayers. Dealing with the death of a family member is hard enough to deal with, and then having to try and handle all of the other stuff going on. Wow! I feel for you. Your family will definitely be in my thoughts! :(

Brianne

Dreaming again said...

Definitely praying. Sorry I've not been around, I've been reading on my blog feeder ... and certainly praying.

Lots of family stuff going on, that's not pleasant around here as well. What is it with people? Can't they just follow Jesus' instruction to Love the Lord with all their heart? and let the rest fall where it may?

Sigh.

You're constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Pk

Lauren said...

Just checking in to see how you guys are doing! Praying for your family...

Queen Mother said...

praying all goes well with you and rest of family.

Anonymous said...

Good grief.