Saturday, June 21, 2008

Update

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that my "procedure" went good yesterday. My pain is managible with a little percocet every few hours, and I'm getting around fine. I'm just a little doped and itchy still from the anestesia.

I also wanted to tell you that we got a call around 8:00 this morning from Mountain Mom telling us that Smart Guy's granny isn't doing very well. She's been sick for months now, but just recently took a turn for the worse. Hospice has been called in at this point. We all drove over today to be with our family. Smart Guy is driving back home as I type, and if anything happens he'll be right back. (he actually called my cell phone as I was typing that sentence to let me know that he just got home). The kids and I were supposed to be coming over tomorrow night anyway to stay the week for a convention that is going on here, so we just packed up a day early and are going to stay until Thursday evening. I'm gonna spend my afternoon tomorrow cleaning the house for Mountain Mom and hopefully making her life a little easier for the next week (as easy as it can be when your mom is so sick and you have three grandchildren in your house anyway). Please be praying for my MIL's family. All six siblings are in town right now, and although Granny has made her wishes to remain at home thru all of this clearly known, it sounds as though some of the siblings are possibly putting up a fight against it. Please pray that they all have peace with the decision to keep her at home like she wants.

Well, goodnight dear friends and family. I love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..know that I love you all.

Ang

Lauren said...

Praying for you guys!!!!


Thanks for the heads up on how easy the blog template was to change. It made it really simple to "test drive" until I found the one I want for now. :)