Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm up with a sick child. Bee woke us up screaming in pain about 20 minutes ago. I ran upstairs to see what was going on. When I got there, she was laying on the bed screaming and saying how "uncomfortable" she was. I personally thought that was an odd/wierd choice for a 6-year-old to use, but okay. I helped her sit up and she started screaming that her head hurt. She was burning up with fever (she's had one on again/off again for the last 36 hours), so I was gonna let her come downstairs and sleep where I could watch her more closely the rest of the night. As soon as I started to lift her out of bed, she threw-up all over the bed. I called for Smart Guy, who came up and took care of her while I stripped the bed and got that stuff going in the washing machine. As I was stripping the bed, I could hear her talking a mile-a-minute downstairs. When I got in to her, I took her temp and it was 103.3 again ! Ugh! She talked for about 15 minutes non-stop as if nothing was wrong with her at all. It was almost as if she was possessed. She talked her daddy into sleeping in the family room with right outside our room. She looked at me and told me it was fair because I get to sleep with him next to me all the time, so she could have him for the night.

Now, I hope I can get back to sleep after that jolt awake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

prayers for bee and you...hugs!!!!

Kristy said...

Awwww poor Bee! I hope she's feeling better. There have been so many flu and stomach viruses this year!

crt said...

sorry - hope she's doing better!

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

keep you germs to yourselves...we been so fortunate this year not to have any of that puking stuff which is a miracle for us cause something always seems to happen and then it cant be simple it has to turn into something worse so Im very thankful that weve been healthy besides the normal cold/sinus thing. hope bee feels better!