Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My 600th Post

I'm sitting in my little sisil's hospital room. When I got the phone call yesterday morning, I was at the school working in the boys' classroom. I already had my stuff packed, so I took off about 30 minutes later. By the time I got here she was two centimeters dilated and having good contractions. Unfortunately, the baby's heartbeat wasn't doing too well, so that combined with my sisil's blood pressure, put her in a c-section. They had to do her spinal twice before it finally took. But finally she had a beautiful baby girl. I've had many chances to hold her, including while my little sisil was showering. So, I had her to myself for several minutes and was able to unwrap her and take in all that is so amazing and precious about the smallest members of our world. Babies are just so.... well, you all know what I mean. I cried when I held her for the first time last night. Partly for the sweetness of her small self and partly for the memories of my own very teeny, tiny babies that came flooding thru my mind while I held her miniature head in my hand. It's hard to believe that mine were once that small when I look at them now.

Life passes before us too damn quick.

No comments: