Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Furry Little Friend

As we all walked back up to the house for dinner, Bee and I took a different route so she could collect rocks as we walked. I saw the guys all stopped ahead of us, and heard Smart Guy yell something that I couldn't understand over the wind. When I looked closely, this is what I saw. See the small creature on the ground?


When I got up close, this is what was there...

Yes, that a opussum. It just sat there and watched us walked around it. It was really wierd. I've never seen a live opossum up that close. After we walked away, it slowly made it's way down the hill toward the lake and disappeared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omgosh...I have a funny story to share..Gram was living in her house about 6-7 years ago..She was calling me to see if I knew how to get an opposum out of her washing machine without it biting her. I told her call the animal control..I headed over there. The opposum crawled up on their back porch and opened the washer crawling in there looking for something warm. Gram had just washed sheets in there. I had just got there after animal control arrived to have a woman put on a glove, reach down into the washing machine and pull out the opposum by it's tail and walk it over to the truck to put it in the crate. Gram had to wash the sheets in the washer 4 more times to get the opposum (ummmm business) out of there. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW....But it is a story I laugh at now..