Saturday, April 4, 2009

Still Around

Yes folks, I'm still here. It's been busy around here lately and I've basically been in a blog rut. I just haven't wanted to write anything.

Thursday we took the boys out of school at 1:00 and headed for my parents' house in Il to visit with Inkling. For my local readers, she's my best-friend who lives in Canada, just had a baby boy in January and has had a horrible time healing from a major birth injury. Inkling, her hubby Henry David, and their new baby boy, Grasshopper have been in the states for over a week and drove to IL to see her IL family this weekend. We were able to visit for them for several hours yesterday. I was able to love on that precious little boy as much as I wanted to for about four hours. That meant that I held him the entire time except when he was nursing. I even changed his diaper three times, two of those being poopy diapers, seeing how I owe his mama many, many diaper changes from the many years of helping with my own little people before she met her beloved hubby. The poor little guy was suffering from a double ear infection brought on by our lovely midwestern allergies. He had just been to the walk-in clinic an hour before they came over, but he was a sweet and pleasant as can be and shared many smiles with us. I definitely did my share of kissin' a bald spot on the side of his sweet little head. He even took a nap for about 90 minutes in my arms during which time I chatted with Henry David while Inkling took her Sara Orange Gang (my children) downstairs to share one of her famous stories with them. Oh the bliss! It was so awesome seeing my best-friend as a mama. I knew she'd be amazing in her new roll. You can see how smitten mama and little boy are with each other when they look at each other.

And once again, seasons in a friendship change. (past post about seasonal changes in our friendship when she got married) But that's a good thing. Life changes. Now we have motherhood to share. God put us in one another's lives for a reason. We need each other. We don't always agree with one another, but we try to respect each other. The older we get, the more I realize what a treasure it is to have a lifelong friend like Inkling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful post

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

its about time! I thought you fell off the face of the earth! lol! glad you had a good time...havent seen you lately in passing...maybe when this weather stays nice we can chat a little here & there...

Inkling said...

Thanks for the special post. You make me feel so loved. I am so sorry we didn't get to give you the whole day like I'd hoped, but thank you for being so gracious about it. It was wonderful to hang out with our two families all together and your parents. I am so glad you are my best friend and that we can stay close despite long distances.

*We are stuck in Missouri until Thursday. Henry David came down with what we think is a bad case of food poisoning from Cracker Barrel in Effingham last night, so we're not able to go anywhere. He's never sick, so this is a bit scary. However, it's nice to have an extra few days to rest. So if you want to keep blogging lots while you're in Michigan, I won't complain. It will be fun to have something good to read to keep me occupied. =)

I love you.