Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Sticks

I took these yesterday while we were doing our Meals On Wheels route. We drive thru some beautiful country way out there in "the sticks". Much of it is thru the Amish Countryside. I wished I'd remembered my camera last Friday during the snow when you could barely tell where the road actually was in places. The views were breathtaking.




Beautiful country!





A common scene in our area. I didn't want a close-up picture because I didn't want their faces, as they don't like their pictures to be taken. I also didn't want to look like a tourist! That's a horse and buggy closely followed by several vehicles.




Laundry blowing in the cold breeze.





Harvested cornstalks tied together and standing in the fields!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous pictures!! I love driving in the country looking at the Amish! I think it would be cool to live in their shoes for a day or two, but that would probably be all I could handle. I also like the look of your new blog. I wish I could change mine, but I don't know how. Have a very Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

BK1023

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe...
I like the changes you have made on your site...I am so looking forward to wrapping my arms around all of you this weekend...
Love You...
Mom

Lauren said...

Love your new template! Thanks for sharing the pic. It's interesting how similar the Amish views look, no matter where they live....