Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oooooops!

I'm one of those cooks that quite often cooks without a recipe. Most of the time this is okay and works out just fine, but on occasion it doesn't work out for me!! Such is the case today!

I signed up to take the frosting and sprinkles to Bee's "Holiday" party tomorrow. She wanted me to make my cream cheese frosting. So, Monday we bought all the stuff and this morning after everyone left for school, I got the cream cheese and the butter out of the fridge, so it would be soft by the time Bee came home from school around 11:45. I was planning to double the recipe, so when the time came she unwrapped to blocks of cream cheese and two sticks of butter and threw them in the bowl. I started the mixer and she put in powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time. After almost an ENTIRE bag of powdered sugar, I realized that it wasn't looking like the frosting that I normally make, it was much too runny. That's when I realized that I must normally use a 1/2 stick of butter and a 1/2 block of cream cheese with one box of powdered sugar. So, basically instead of doubling the recipe, I quadrupled the recipe! I've got enough frosting for the entire top floor of the kids' school to frost a cookie!! It ended up taking two full bags of powdered sugar to make my cream cheese wonder! That's FOUR STINKIN' POUNDS OF SUGAR FOLKS!! That's approx. 9 cups of frosting!! Yikes!

So, if any of you local girls need frosting for anything, find me tomorrow at school or leave me comment and I'll find you and I'll gladly give ya some!! Seriously!!

2 comments:

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

I also signed up to bring frosting...tell me why then did I just make a trip to "crazy" wal mart to get frosting(betty crocker cream cheese) when you had enough for the whole school? lol!!! If you guys dont use mine I will gladly take it back...Im not able to help out 2morow but if you are there then just put it back in madys bag.

FarmWife said...

Can you freeze it & save it for later?