Saturday, October 20, 2007

Bad Mom

So I'm the world's worst mom! I feel so bad for my boys. Smart Guy left around 11:30 for the Ohio State football game in Columbus. The boys LAST soccer game of the season was at 3:30. My only job of the day was to take them to their LAST soccer game of the season. Because my keys are locked in the van, they had to miss their LAST soccer game of the season. Oh yah, did I mention that it's the LAST soccer game of the season!

We never lock our cars when they're in our driveway (I know we probably should, but we don't). Apparently when Smart Guy moved the vans around so the boys would have room to ride their skateboards in the driveway, he decided to lock them this time, and my keys were sitting in the center console. Dang it! Dang it! Dang it! We headed out the door at 3:15, plenty of time to make it to the game on time, when I realized my mistake. I'm just glad no one pulled the back door shut with it locked before I told them not to, or we'd have been stuck outside with no car to drive!!

The boys took it pretty well really. They didn't appear to be angry , just disappointed that they would miss their LAST soccer game of the season. We were supposed to take the snack for after the game today, but shortly after I had bought it, the coach called and said that another mom had called and wanted to bring a special snack since it was the LAST game of the season. So, not only did they miss the game, they missed the special goodies afterward.

Move on, Grace, there's nothing you can do about it now! I know, but I feel so damn guilty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what homemade icecream sundaes are for mom. hang in there kiddo

Lauren said...

Oops! That sooo sounds like something I would do. Except I would probably lock us out of the house, too...

Anonymous said...

Oh good one, you broke their little hearts and they will be spending years in counseling over this one! Hee hee (Just kidding!) - Love, Ruby