Friday, October 12, 2007

A Box of Fun

I just looked outside to check on my small people. They have plenty of toys to play with outside. What do you think is their favorite thing out there right now? The cardboard box that Smart Guy brought up from the basement this morning full of coats. I emptied it and they immediately took it out and started using it for various fun things. Right now they are collecting leaves in it. Earlier they were trying to snare a poor, little kitten in it because they're afraid it will get cold in this weather. At one point the boys were chasing Bee and the neighbor girl all over ours an her yards trying to "capture" them. I heard the annoyingly high-pitched squeal that only my sweet little daughter can make and went out to check on them just as the girls came tearing around the corner of the house with the boys in hot-pursuit, box in between them, right behind them. They all put on the brakes when they saw me. Bee immediately starting spewing horrible things about how awful her brothers were and the boys were grinning from ear to ear because they, unlike the girls, were having a blast torturing them.

Good grief!!!!

2 comments:

crt said...

we love boxes! we usually have a large box in the loft called the imagination box. the girls decorate it, and have hours upon hours of fun in it.

Lauren said...

I have a box of foam peanuts that I am thinking of leaving in the living room to see how long it takes bear to discover. And I think it will be fun to teach her how to use glue with them.