Saturday, October 20, 2007

Yum!


I made apple fritters tonight. I mixed the biscuit mix, the egg, the milk, the vanilla, the raw sugar, the cinnamon, lots of apple chunks,and something else that escapes me at the moment, fried 'em in canola oil, and then rolled 'em in cinnamon sugar! OH MY GOODNESS, THEY ARE SO YUMMY! They are made with whole grain biscuit mix of course and since they were fried in canola oil, they aren't as bad for us! Of course I ruined the goodness of them by dowsing them in refined white sugar! They still aren't as bad as they would've been if I'd made them with nasty, white flour.... right?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I can almost taste them from here. Anyone got a mug of hot cider to dip them into?

Mum's the Word said...

Oh, that sounds so yummy! They don't have apple cider in Oklahoma and the apples are the size of plums! I'll live vicariously through you all day today! Also, good job frying them...the last time I fried something it involved lights, sirens, baking soda and a large insurance check.

Anonymous said...

Those look splendid! Can you put a specific recipe up for them? It would be appreciated!! I also love your dishes. They'd go perfectly with my kitchen. I think I'm buying some with my next paycheck! Also, where did you get the cute place mats?

BK1023