Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Hunters' Moon

It's 12:02. Since Smart Guy isn't here and the kids have been asleep for several hours now, I've been cleaning, doing laundry, talking to Ruby on the phone, and occasionally looking out the family room window into the backyard looking for who knows what! The last time I looked out the window, about ten minutes ago, I realized how bright the backyard was without turning on the flood lights. It looks like it's about 7:20 Eastern in the morning out there. I suddenly realized that it's about time for the Hunter's Moon so I googled it to see the precise date and time it will be at it's fullest and brightest... October 26 at 12:52 am... 48 minutes from now. That would explain why the world is so lit up tonight. If you've never noticed the brilliant light of a full Hunters' Moon, you've definitely missed something magical. Each year it amazes me more that nightime can be so brilliantly lit up that you can see everything. I'm so glad that circumstances arose tonight that allowed my mind to slowdown enough to see it, notice it, and appreciate it... which I'm not doing as long as I'm on the puter. Good night, y'all! I love you guys!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was beautiful last night. i had to drive after dark last night. It was so pretty to see it.

Nan said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Hunter's Moon." How neat. I missed it, but I'll know now to look for it next year!