Friday, March 7, 2008

All Right

Yea, my computer is working... for now! Who knows how long it'll be nice to me. We think it's something with the keyboard connection because I can cruise all over the internet as long as I don't touch the keyboard! As soon as I do, it quits working! Ugh! So I've been able to read everyone because you're all favorited, I just haven't been able to comment or blog!

Anyway, we are once again getting snow! We've got around 5 or 6 inches so far and will probably get at least another 8-10 by tomorrow evening! We go into an "official" blizzard warning at 4 am! I tell ya, the fun just never ends around here does it?!

We were supposed to go to WV this weekend to Mountain Mom and Grizzly Dad's house. Our 14th anniversary was on Wednesday. We went out to lunch after we dropped of Bee at school, but we were gonna leave all three of our small people with Grandma and Papa and head to Pittsburgh for the evening. We've both been craving some real southern BBQ, (yes Lauren, another thing they do right) so we were gonna go to Smokey Bones and then out to a movie and probably the bookstore to relax! Well, that's shot, because we couldn't leave town to get there! So Smart Guy ran over to the grocery store downtown and got stuff to makes pizzas! Bee and I had ham and mushroom on ours and the guys had sausage, pepperoni, ham, and bacon... kinda reminds me of that V8 commercial where the wife keeps knockin' her hubby in the head for not eating his veggies!!!

When we called the kids into the kitchen to eat, Bee walks in rubbing her eyes and said "I can't talk right now, my eye hurts!" Yah, Bee I've seen you talk when you're mouth was fresh out of major dental work and when you're sound asleep, I really don't think your eye's gonna stop you from yackin' up a storm!

Bee and I are making cookies to kinda make up for the fact that we didn't get to go to Grandma's house. It was very sad when we had to break it to the kid that she wasn't gonna get to go, so I told her we'd make cookies... which we have to save some of for Grandma of course! We made the same butterscotch cookies that I used to make with my best-friend growing up when our moms would go out and leave all us kids with the dads for the evening! I haven't made them since I was about 12 years old, so I'm looking forward to tasting them again. The recipe's from the same Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that we used back them even, but it's in really bad shape these days!!

Well, I have a cute, blond-headed 9-year old hanging over my should telling me that he really wants the computer, so I'm outa here for now! Love to you all! Stay warm and don't fall in the snow (if you happen to be anywhere in this gigantic snowstorm)!! Stay in your basement if your down south where those horrible storms are!!!!

3 comments:

~*~Bre~*~ said...

I'm from Pittsburgh, and boy do I miss it. Have you had a Primanti Brother's sandwich? It's an acquired taste, but they rock! I wish I didn't live 10 hours away so we could have some Smokey Bones... MMMMM!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,Bee! So sorry you couldn't come to Grandma and Papa's tonight, but thank you for saving me some cookies!! I bought a new baking set just for you and Shay to make cookies with at Grandma's; so when the weather gets better, we'll try them out! They're just your size!! Love you! Grandma

Meghann said...

The weather has been so on and off here too! It snows and is freezing, then the next day you arent wearing a coat! It is craziness!!

I will still blog when I go home. It is kind of a routine now!

haha.

Take care!