Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been a relatively quiet day here in Ohio. I haven't left my house one time today. I've done laundry, cleaned out the boys' closet (I'm talkin' nightmare people), fixed a dinner of pancakes and sausage links, kept making pancakes after dinner to freeze (37 in all), and cleaned the kitchen three times (as usual). Overall a fairly productive day. Although my house is still a mess.

Next week Smart Guy and I are headed for New Orleans. He's been invited to teach a seminar at the national convention for Lutheran youth leaders, and I'm going with him. We decided to make this trip our Christmas/Valentine's Day/ 15th Anniversary/ Birthday trip. We'll be taking in some ma & pa dining while there, which is the best as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait for multiple days of alone time with my hubby (yah, read that however you want to)!! We're actually flying down separately because he's taking a course that starts super early, and I just can't leave then, but we'll be flying back together. Because we're flying separately, that means I get to navigate the airports by myself. You're all gonna think I'm nuts probably, but I love busy airports. I love the thrill of the rush and then sitting down to catch my breath when I get to my terminal and reading a book while people watching. I don't think I've ever flown when I didn't meet someone interesting. I love to fly. I don't however love to stand and wait for my luggage to make it off the plane, so I'll be packing everything I need into my carry-on! Yes, it can be done!

The kids will be staying with our music pastors for the first two nights we're gone, and then Mountain Mom will be driving over to get them all and taking them back home with her. She wants to be in Steeler country for the Superbowl, not Browns' country!! Then Smart Guy and I will fly back into the Pittsburgh airport on Sunday afternoon and hopefully make the 40 minute drive back to his parent's house in time for the game!! We'll have to dig out our terrible towels for the game!!

Well, gotta get going! Later.

Oh yah, btw all you Brown's people, did I mention..... THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL! Oh, I did already, sorry, my bad :)!!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow that sounds like fun! I hope you have a good trip. Are you gonna try to earn some beads while you're there? =)~

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

its gonna be our 15th this year too...Doug hates to fly especially after our Disney trip last year..what an experience flying into a blizzard...enjoy your time alone...im sure you will! lol

Kristy said...

I need your email addy. You can send it to me...Joplin1630@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Oh... it warms my heart to see such devoted Steeler fans.... I yell and scream throughout every single game! Black and Gold rock! Can't wait to watch them kick some booty the day before my birthday!!!

B