Friday, July 27, 2007

Inkling, Here's Some of the Pictures I've Been Promising

This is Bee's room. I love how it turned out. It's so "little girley".


We got the armoire, already painted, for $100 at a thrift store a few months before we left Alabama. It actually was a gift from a friend. We saw it together and knew it would be perfect for Bee's room, but at the time we had no extra money and Bee was sleeping in our master bedroom closet. The two girlfriends I was with that day couldn't stand the thought of leaving such an amazing bargain there, so they paid for it and stored it until we had a place big enough to use it. I miss them!!


Prophet and D.K.'s room. It's hard to believe that they've actually made their beds every morning that they've slept in them since we moved. I know the pictures are dark. For some reason I couldn't get them any brighter. Their border is sports stuff and so's their comforter. As you can see, they are both still into their stuffed animals. They sleep with them every single night... along with their blankies.


These are what's known as "Fatheads". They are basically huge stickers for your walls. These guys are both lifesize stickers. Scarey huh? How would you like to wake up to these every morning? The boys think they're cool and I guess that's all that matters!!

This is the living room. You've already seen the fireplace, but this picture looks a little different. We're still working on getting pictures up above the couch. It look rather bare still I know, but I wanted to get pictures posted or it may never get done.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh5gjWOGhgrz24P8PAePUKf0R1S2ZZUo-0e8cOzklHHynsYxdsUuphhHaPazXn2fYvRT5znFC0EV2Nl60Sx6ruJ4PjwrOsDXQbSLI0YBHD2OsWGG6z0mAB6fQu13cXfh2Ef1vIvRBgkPl0O/s1600-h/House+009.JPG">
This is our family room. Eventually I will have the same silly window treatment on the window to the right of the room. At the moment it and many of the walls are still naked, but it's a comfortable room.



*I have no idea why that code is above the couch picture. It shouldn't have come up like that. There is no way to get rid of it without the picture disappearing. Strange!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

bright colors. Those fatheads are expensive. i looked into those for hubby and his nascar...geesh!! but you've done a wonderful job on the decor.

FarmWife said...

I LOVE the green in the family room!! So very cool! And Bee's room is precious. Is that a built in cabinet in the boys' room?

FarmWife said...

BTW, I think BabyGirl & Bee's rooms are the same color pink. So bright & girly.

Heaven said...

I love the rooms. I wish I could decorate like that. The picture in my head never turns out like I think it should.

crt said...

love the colors! looks good.

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful. You did a wonderful job decorating! I think you may need to come to my state, and help me out. We've lived in our house for a year now, and we aren't anywhere close to being done. There are clothes still thrown all over the place, and the baby's room is still a disaster. I think kid's going to be in our room until the age of 10. I also wanted to let you know that I've been praying for you with your surgery. I hope that you're healing quickly!

Caslon said...

Beautifu! So much warmth and character.

Nan said...

How did you get so much done so quickly...We've lived here five years and it's still not come together. It looks great!

Lauren said...

Very nice!!!

Inkling said...

It dawned on me that I should probably comment, even though you know I think you are a fabulously gifted decorator. I love it all! Everything looks great, and the colors are all so fun and suitable for each room. Now, if we could just get Bowz to stop shedding and drooling.....

Angie said...

your house is crackalackin! love it! come do mine! we still have the crack house floor between our kitchen and diningroom....alas.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl...
The rooms are beautiful. I'm sorry I didn't have the energy to come while dad's gone but we will get there. I can't wait to see them in person.
Love you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I really appreciate them, and appreciate the fact that you're praying for us. It is definitely a difficult situation, but we'll manage some how! I hope everything is going well with your recovery. Are your kiddos ready to start school? Hope to hear from you again soon.

<3 your new blogger friend

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow...you have such amazing decor skills! Especially love Bee's room! And that green paint colour is so lovely! Come help me talk Neil out of his love for "Beige"?