Thursday, July 19, 2007

Project Completed

Before:

After:

Our living room paint is called "hot chocolate" and all the furniture, minus the piano is black! I knew almost from the second we saw the house that I wanted to paint the firepleace black! Of course now my hands are covered with little black spots that refuse to budge!! But it was worth it! I think it looks great! Although I notice in the pictures that you can't even see the opening now that it's black. The candles seem to help that though!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

and she is having fun with the camera and quick load into the comp - if you could not tell.

it does look good sweetie

the hubby

Lauren said...

WOW!!! That looks fabulous! You're right, the candles do help.

FarmWife said...

I do like the black. If you want to see it better, You might want to see if you can find one of those big wrought Iron candle holders. They hold pillar candles in tiers. It would bring light higer up into the fire box...QM got one for G'ma M&M for christmas a few years back.

I love the hot chocolate paint! so pretty!

crt said...

looks good

Caslon said...

Very nice!!

Nan said...

Wow! Very hip. Love the chocolate paint! The fireplace looks so much better!

happymcfamily said...

pretty! good job!