Monday, May 12, 2008

Back Under The Knife Again

Hey all. I just wanted to check in before retiring for the night to let you know that I will once again be going in for "surgery" tomorrow at the Cleveland Clinic. I have to be up there by 10 am (much better than the previous 6 am), so I should be home sometime in the early evening. Anyone's free to call and check on me, but I probably won't remember talking to you even if I can wake up enough to make my lips form words! When I had it done back in January, I know I talked to my mom and Inkling both that evening, but I have absolutely no recollection of it. Between the anestesia, the pain meds, and the Benadryl for the reaction to the anestesia, I'm pretty much out of it for about 24 hours afterward. I should be back on my feet by Thursday morning though and ready for action again. I hope so, because the current plan is for Smart Guy to leave for AL on Thursday right after he puts the kids to bed for the night. Two of our kids for our student ministry down there are getting married (to each other) and they wanted us all to come down. Unfortunately that's too far for all of us to travel while the boys are still in school, but Smart Guy is going down. Now, he's gotta figure out what he's wearing to the Hoover Country Club for the rehearsal dinner Friday night, should be interesting!!

4 comments:

Queen Mother said...

praying all goes well.

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers girl..You're one tough cookie!!

Safe travels for Smart Guy. Please be safe, and stay out of the path of Tornadoes and Hurricanes.

Anonymous said...

Take care my SWEET "Girl"...I love you so much babe...
You are amazing...I'm one proud mom...

Queen Mother said...

how are you doing?