Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Baby Shower

This last Friday, Miss Bee and I packed up the van and drove over to WV to give my SIL, Divine, a baby shower with Mountain Mom and my other SIL, Care Bear. We had fun staying up baking and talking way into the evening and then decorating the church hall the next afternoon. Since my new little nephew is due to arrive on Halloween, I chose to go with a fall theme... Let's Celebrate the Upcoming Arrival of our Newest Little Punkin'. I made little tiny costumes to fit little bears, sewed a runner with pumpkin fabric for each table, used candy corn in canning jars, then we threw leaves all over the place and ate everything pumpkin we could think of.
The house smelled like Thanksgiving from cooking pumpkin goodies. All the menfolk in the house were drooling like St. Bernards!! It was hilarious!! My nephew Columbus, 16, was our little gofer Friday night and all day Saturday and I felt bad smackin' his hands away from everything, so I was glad when there were plenty of leftovers to take home to him. Divine, SIL, seemed to enjoy herself and she got several nice things. I unfortunately did not get too many flattering pics of her, and she'd kill me if I put up a few of them that I got, so there's only a couple here with her in them...


Well you can tell what's important to me. The first picture of both showers was of the food table.


This was how the table were decorated. If you blow up the pic you can see the little bears I made the costumes for.


Divine looking at the hooded towel I made. Inkling's looked just like it. The brown and blue was just perfect little boy. I also made her a taggy blanket just like the one in Inkling's pic two posts ago.


Mountain Mom and all her girls! Although there is at least one little boy in the pic. Divine is the one in the blue with the very pregnant belly. The shorty with the pregnant belly is Care Bear, my other SIL who isn't actually due until March (we think)! So, yes, I'm the only non-pregnant daughter in the family right now. My kids were all done and had years ago, now it's their turn. The little girl standing arm in arm with Bee is my niece Nini. The two of them have a love/hate thing going on. They love each other one minute and the next minute they're yelling at each other and tattleing. Drives us nuts!!

3 comments:

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

cute decorations!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the decorations (from comments, emails, and posts, I know you and I have the same thoughts as far as from fall to Christmas goes). I love decorating anything and everything in the fall theme. My wedding was even done with a fall theme. Our favors were candy apples that read "He's the apple of her eye" or "She's the apple of his eye".

BTW, I tried to put a comment up about the taggy blanket the other day, but it's not on here. Do you make/sell them? I've wanted to get my punkins one, but will not pay the $35 or whatever ridiculous price they are. If you can make one for me (and tell me how much it is) I will then tell you the colors of Morgan's room, etc. Or if you'd just like to surprise us (if you WANT to make one, if not that's fine) wtih a color that would be cool. Let me know!!

Once again, great decorating. It was gorgeous!

B

zann said...

i'm in the process of catching up on blogs. And may I say it appears that you throw a sweet soiree