Friday, October 17, 2008

$$ChaChing$$

My precious little Bee is upstairs right now frantically searching her room for the three one dollar bills that she has hidden away from her brothers...

She is really into helping me in the kitchen right now, so I've almost always got a willing helper if I want one. I'm getting ready to bake a carmel-apple cake for our care group meeting tonight. As I'm getting ready, she asks if she can help me. I said, "Not this time babe, Mommy's got alot to get done today and I just wanna get it finished." Her response? "I'll pay you if you let me help you." With this statement I instantly melted, realizing how important it is to help me bake, and decided to slow down and let her help, knowing that she won't always want to be standing on the chair next to happily helping out. But of course I don't want to ruin a good thing (like actually being paid by one of my children for helping me out, this could work out nicely in the future ya know) and being the wonderful mother that I am, I said, "Okay, go get your money." So, she brings me two nickels, three dimes, and six pennies from her well-kept stash. Gaining my composure so as not to laugh, I told her it wasn't enough, so she brought in another handful of change and plunked it on the counter on top of the rest. Then I told her I wanted paper money, three dollar bills to be exact, knowing that's exactly what she had hidden away! Yes, I know I'm horrible!! So, now she has moved to her section of the playroom to search for the purple purse that she is sure holds the three green pieces of paper that hold her key to helping mommy make the apple cake!

I love that little girl!! I just hope she grows up to torture her children as much as I torture her!! She should, with the perfect example being set for her :)!!


*Update... Geez people, by a couple comments, you actually think I'm so awful that I'd actually KEEP my poor child's money! No, I gave it all back to her, of course!!I'm mean, yes, but there are limits!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is entirely too cute, and insanely hilarious. It's so sweet to know that Bee loves her time with you so much that she'd pay to get some more! So heart warming!! Kids are the best.

B

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDNT KEEP THE MONEY! LOL! I DO ADMIT THOUGH I HAVE STOLEN FROM MY KIDS PIGGY BANKS AND PAID THEM BACK EVENTUALLY...BEFORE THEY REALIZE ITS GONE.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Angela - PLEASE tell me you didn't keep her hard earned little girl money!

Hee hee! You ARE evil!
LOVE,
Ruby

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my own daugther would do such a thing. Your mother and I failed somewhere in your upbringing, for you to adopt torture as a parenting technique.

Actually, I wish we had thought of it.

Fell off my chair laughing.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Ditto...to what Dad said...
Can't wait to be with you all for a week...
Love you so much...
Mom...