Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cleveland Clinic Day

Greetings from the Cleveland Clinic. Bee is having an MRI done, and so we sit here and wait. They usually have her back there about an hour before they call us back to be with her while she wakes up. Her original appointment was at 10:40, but one of the little ones before her took much longer than anticipated, so here it is almost three hours later and she's just went in about ten minutes ago.

We had some horrible wind last night. They were saying it could reach sustained winds of 30-50 and gusts up to 65 or so. It sure sounded like a train was coming through the house a few times during the night. I almost woke the kids up to have them sleep downstairs a couple times, but then it would let up for awhile. There didn't seem to be any major damage as we left town around 8:40 this morning. All the traffic lights were working, so I'd assume that nobody lost power. Ours dimmed a few times, but never went completely out. Once we got into Cleveland, there were several traffic lights out, which was of course causing trouble. It's amazing how many people apparently don't how to go through an intersection when the traffic light is out. If there wasn't a wreck somewhere in the city this morning, it's a miracle.

Bee and I are supposed to be heading for West Virginia after we get back home from this appointment today, but we may wait until tomorrow morning now that everything pushed back later in the day than we'd planned. We're having a baby shower for my little sis-in-law tomorrow night and then on Saturday we're having a small family birthday party for D.K. and Bee. D.K.'s birthday was last Saturday (yes I missed posting about it, I feel like a horrible mother), and Bee's is Saturday on Valentine's Day. I told the two of them that they needed to discuss what kind of cake or dessert they wanted to have and decide on something for me to make. Ha! The one thing that Bee said she didn't want was the only thing that D.K. wanted! Oh brother!! So I told them I'd pick something myself. I was thinking about a hoho cake, but just remembered this morning that they had mentioned awhile back that they'd like to have a donut cake. A donut cake is where you take a bunch of cake-style donuts and frost each one individually and then put sprinkles and funky candles all over it. I made one for Prophet's 9th birthday party. It was something he came up with himself, and it turned out really cool!

Well, later!

2 comments:

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

that cake sounds different...after you icing them do you stack them on top of each other?? I might try that sometime!

Kristy said...

Be sure to get pics of that cake! Hope you're having a good weekend!