Friday, January 18, 2008

Redeeming Moments



This evening while I was very huffily (if that's not an actual word, I think you get my drift) sweeping the chiuahua sized hairball caused by the constantly shedding moose that I for some reason chose to allow to live in my home even though he's a huge pain in the ass, Bee runs up to her bedroom to get her little broom to help me.

While she's gone, I'm groaning on the inside thinking how much she's gonna get in the way and spread the hair all back around the kitchen floor.

When she comes back down, she quickly pulls the chairs out from under the table and begins sweeping out all the hair into a pile. She then sweeps up all the stuff I've pushed from one side to the other, but haven't added to the pile yet. She then sweeps the furball that has formed behind the edge of the furnace vent by the pantry into said pile. All the while reminding me that she's my helper and right now I need a helper because I still don't feel very good. She even asked how to spell helper!

After all this work, while I'm standing there feeling like a shmuck, she looks at me with a look of pure love for her mommy and pride in herself and says very sweetly and excitedly, "See, Mommy, see how much we can get done with some teamwork!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwww...puling my heartstrings. Hugs

Inkling said...

wow. she's growing up. I have to say the spoiled little thing has potential. (You know how much I love her, so I know I can get away with saying that.) Geez....I'm missing your family a lot right now....even Bowz.....just not his farts.

Anonymous said...

OH My...what a wonderful amazing lesson.
Love you two so much...
Mom & Grannie