Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Update

Well, Bee's first swim lesson went wonderfully yesterday. She even jumped off the diving board. I never thought in a billion years that would ever happen. It took four tries, but she finally got up her nerve and jumped. It was cute and she was sooooo proud of herself after she did it. She even went under the water totally on her own several times. Amazing! Every kid, except one, in her class seems to be very comfortable in the water and willing to wait their turn for everything they are learning. The only child to cause a problem is, I think, too young to be in the class. She didn't want to stay with the class, so the instructor was constantly having to leave the group of kiddos to go chase her down. I rather bluntly told the child's mother that she should probably put her suit on and get in the water with her on Thursday. Totally missing my point, she responded with "Well, I've already done the Mommy and Me swim class with her." Duh, what I mean is that you need to get in there with her and coral her so that the instructor that is teaching the other children and keeping the other children safe doesn't have to leave them to go get your child.

Bee also started her new gymnastics classes last night. We switched her the YMCA classes instead of the Parks and Rec classes. There already, after one night, seems to be better instruction going on. She really seems to enjoy it too. After doing their stretches, the instructor put them all on the bars already. I'm gonna have to get her a different leotard to wear. The one she's got has pantiline issues, so we're gonna get her one with longer legs to cover that area better so she's not constantly tugging on her bahooney!

Prophet once again started a new session of soccer foot skills on Monday night. He loves soccer and he's good at it too.

D.K. started his new session of swim last night. His instructor says that he's definitely good and showing alot of promise for the team in the future once he learns all the strokes.

Meals of Wheels called us yesterday to see if we could sub for someone else today. We could, so we did. It was fun seeing the looks on some of their faces when I walked in instead of the normal Wednesday person. Some of them didn't seem to notice. Some said, "What are you doing here on Wednesday?" Some said, "Aren't you the Friday girl?" There's one sweet woman, who always says "Hey kid" when I walk in the door. She's one of those people whom I could sit and chat with forever if I had the chance. She told Bee to go into her bedroom to find her fat cat and pet it. We could see her as she went in and went nose to nose with the "kitty" as she loved on it. It was cool seeing Bee comfortable in her home. Another woman had the requested recipe she used for our Christmas gift of the most amazing caramel corn I've ever had waiting right by the door for me. I'm so excited to try it out and see if mine turns out as mouth watering as hers did. One of my favorites doesn't get meals on the Wednesday route, so I didn't get to see her, but I'll see her on Friday. I love each and every one of the people on our route. I would miss them terribly if I suddenly was unable to do it. Sometimes it's a struggle getting out of their homes. If I'm not careful, I could easily take 4 hours to get the route done instead of the 1 1/2 - 2 hrs that they like. Sometimes I think it'd be fun to just show up to talk to them for fun! Maybe someday I'll do that!

Well, Smart Guy has the short people in bed and is getting LOST season 3 cued up and ready to watch a couple more episodes together before bed, so I'm off! Good night friends and family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful and full of activity and enrichment.

hugs and miss you