Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Bunch of Stuff

We're having Prophet's birthday party tomorrow night. We've got a pavilion at the park from previous posts reserved for 5-9 and the party will be from 6-8. Grizzly Dad and Mountain Mom are coming over, as are Smart Guys little sis, hubby, and their little girl. There's a possibility of about 25 people there, but we'll see. The menu for the evening is pizza and pie... Prophet's choice. So I currently have four chocolate-chip cookie dough pies sitting on my counter cooling. Very yummy!! We'll have water balloons, water guns, and those party popper things for the kids to play with. Of course, there's the wonderful playground and the creek too!!

I've been trying to get this house in decent shape all day today, but I can't seem to get it done. It seems like everytime I've done something, someone short comes along and undoes it. That combined with the fact that I just have no desire to do anything productive right now means that my house is still a mess.

I haven't felt good since last weekend. I think it's just my wonderful allergies here for a nice long visit. I don't have time to feel nasty. I have a snotty nose, sore throat, clogged ears, which by the way, make every little noise sound like a fog horn, sinus headache, and all around bad attitude right now. Ugh!

This weekend is our county fair. Big deal, you may be tempted to say. Bite your tongue. In this county, you could probably be put into jail for saying things about the fair. Really guys, the kids actually get an entire day off of school on Monday just so they can attend the fair.... I'm seriously not kidding around. They take this really seriously. Today was the first day and up until about 30 minutes ago, we could hear the tractor pull, the very loud tractor pull, going on down at the fairgrounds. Oh yah, did I forget to mention that we only live about a ten minute walk, a 90 second drive from the fairgrounds. Which translates into many loud late nights until next Thursday night. Oh well, it's actually kinda neat that the community is so close knit.

Also, today was the first day of football for all the little kid teams. We happen to live with the local football field in our backyard. They started at around 7:30 this morning and didn't turn out the lights until about 10:30 tonight! I'll be hearing whistles and girls cheering in my sleep tonight. Of course that could also be caused by all the football watched on TV in my own home today too!!

Well, I must go clean a little more before going to bed. Sleep tight!!

No comments: