Saturday, September 29, 2007

Nanananabooboo, I'm Goin' on Vacation

Last spring Smart Guy told me that in September I was going on a vacation... with no one but me! Alone. Solo. Well, we really hadn't talked about specifics until the last few weeks here. Two weeks ago, I called up Ruby and asked if I could come out. Sure, she said, come on out! I was pumped, then I found that blasted abscess and they had to do the surgery again, so we waited until afterward to see how my recovery went before we ordered the tickets. Well, other than the exhaustion, I'm doing good, so next Tuesday afternoon, I'm getting on an airplane to fly to St. Louis to see Ruby and her family, one of whom is only 8 months old and I've never met! I'm so excited. My plans did get altered a little. Part of the vacation was that I was going to take the train there. Twenty blissful hours to sit on a train and read books with no little people, (of my own anyway, knowing my luck I would have ended up in the same car as the Duggar family), and lunch with my little bro during my layover in Chicago. Unfortunately for that part of the vacation, we all kinda agree that sitting on my bahooney for that many hours in a train car seat less than two weeks after having surgery on it probably wasn't the wisest thing in the world, so the plane it is. I'm so excited. Ruby and I havn't seen one another since Inkling's wedding 16 months ago, and then we only were together for a couple hours, and it wasn't a time when we were able to visit a whole lot because we both had little people running around.

I've never been away from my entire clan for five days before. I'm not sure if I can handle it or not.... wait, let me think about it.... yah, not a problem. I will definitely be ready to get home and jump back in to mommydom again I'm sure. Daddy and the little people have big plans while I'm gone. They've been planning their menu already. Much to Bee's chagrin, it contains Daddy's 5-bean chili..... yuck! Bee and I are not bean people. I like the little tiny chili beans and that's it. Smart Guy only makes his chili when I'm not around. The boys and him love it. Well, they can have it. He did tell Bee that he'd make her a little pot without all the beans before he added them. She said "Shoo, I'm glad." They're also gonna go to CiCi's pizza, out to a movie, and to some stuff that has currently escaped my over-tired brain!

Thank you, my dear, sweet husband for sending me on this trip and being the kind of dad that enables me to know that I don't have to worry about anything bigger than Bee's hair being done so that I can relax the entire time. I love you so much!!

Well, it's bedtime people! Later! Maybe I'll try to post a little more often in the next few days, but don't hold your breath!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness, you certainly caught up your posting! Congratulations on your vacation. It sounds like it will be wonderful!

crt said...

have a fabulous time.

Anonymous said...

Ruby here! Oh, we are going to have so much fun! Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday. You need to give me a call on Monday to talk about specifics.

SMILES :)

Queen Mother said...

I love mommy vacations, just wish I would have taken one or two way back when.

FW needs to take one.

Maybe it should become a national holiday

Dreaming again said...

oh ... wow!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Dreaming again said...

welcome home!