Sunday, September 23, 2007

Question of the Day?

What does one do when one looks out their family room window, sees four children playing on and with all the play stuff in the backyard, none of them understand enough English to understand you when you tell them they aren't supposed to be playing when there is no one from our house back there, their parents are no where to be found, and when one does come over finally, the only English that comes out of his mouth is "thank you"? Ugh!

I don't wanna be a snob, but I do not want children in my backyard playing on our stuff when we aren't back there. Even when we are back there, we don't need to have 20 kids back there.

5 comments:

crt said...

wandering heart speaks spanish...

Inkling said...

Hmm...liability issues aside, maybe that's Jesus playing in your yard....know what I mean?

Anonymous said...

The bad girl in me says "NO TRESPASSING" signs mounted all over the fence or "BEWARE of DOG"

Lauren said...

Do they speak Spanish or another language?

If it's Spanish, I can come up with a note for you to give them. Trying to teach you to pronounce everything might be too hard.

FarmWife said...

When we lived in town, we had a basket ball goal in the drive. Husband played ball with all the neighbor boys. It was ok until the ball began bouncing off the garage door while the baby & I were napping...and then there were the empty ceral boxes & cigar cases on my lawn. That's when the boys and I had a talk...they played nice from then on.

Good luck with yours...mine were pre-teen to 17, so a little easier to reason with.