Sunday, November 26, 2006

Calling All Chocolate Freaks

Need a chocolate fix...oh my gosh...try this!! Get out a block of cream cheese and a stick of butter. Let it soften for a couple hours till it's fork soft. While you wait, destroy a package of Oreos (or if you're like me the storebrand) until it resembles something you'd plant next spring's petunias in. When the cheese and butter are soft, mix it all together. Put it in the fridge, or freezer if your really desparate. Wait until it firms up slightly. Shape into balls. It doesn't stick to your fingers as bad if you keep a bowl of warm water next to you and keep dipping them in. (your fingers, not the chocolate balls) Make them fairly small, this stuff is really sweet and rich. Put into freezer until solid. Melt a bag of Milk Chocolate chips in the microwave...30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds ( you get the picture, there's nothing harsher to the nostrils than burnt chocolate, except may burnt micro popcorn). When chocolate balls are hard (don't go there Inkling), dip the tops of them into melted chocolate. The chocolate will harden quick because the balls are frozen. Store in the fridge. These things are so good. My kids have dubbed them "mudd balls". Smart Guy won't eat them. He says they're too sweet. I wish I was one of those prissy women that always say, "Oh just give me a little, it's toooo rich". That drives me nuts. Bring it on, just give me a glass of milk to wash it down!!!!

No comments: