Thursday, November 23, 2006

I'm Thankful...

...for Smart Guy. He loves me. He puts the kids to bed most nights. He works hard. He puts up with me. He emptys the dishwasher. He clears the table. He loves me. He takes out the trash. He puts gas in my car. He puts up with me. He scrapes the ice off my windows. He misses football games when there's something on I wanna see. He loves me. He puts his arm around me in church. He still opens doors for me. He puts up with me. He took a new position so I could be closer to my mom. He doesn't wake me up when I wake him up snoring. He loves me. He loves our children. He loves God - the rest falls into place.

...for Prophet. He walks. He talks (alot). He reads very well. He loves music. He breathes. He laughs. He's a super sensitive soul. He's passive-aggressive (I don't know if I'm thankful for that, but it does provide a lot of laughs) Because of his premature birth and brain hemorhage, he wasn't "supposed" to do any of these things, especially on his own. He does and then some. He works hard everyday to be who he is. He's incredible.

...for Drama King. He's smart. He's very in tune with the feelings of others. He tries to protect the underdogs. He loves animals. He's my cuddle bug. Not a day goes by when I don't get a hug and an , "I love you, Mommy". He seven and I know it won't last forever, so I cherish it. He's precious!!

...for Bee. She's my baby. She's my only girl. She's smart. She's "rotten". She's got personality +. I think every mom should have a boy to make her fully appreciate the connection between mother and daughter. I've always said, "I've known her my entire life." She came into this world an old friend of mine. I cherish her as my daughter and the friend I hope she'll be when we grow-up. She's amazing!!

...that my family is all alive and healthy after our wreck this past summer.

...that we now live close to my parents. An hour and five minutes is nothing compared to the eleven hours from Alabama.

...that Inkling finally found her love, so she can make a list like this in a few years.

...for my mom. She's quiet when need be. She talks when need be. She's understanding. She's fun. She's a good friend. She's mine. She's an excellent Granny to my kids. If everyone on the planet were so blessed, it would be a different place to live.

...for my cousin. We'll call her Cleanin' Cuz '75. We fought all the time (seemed like it) as kids. As adults, I love her dearly. I treasure her friendship more everyday.

...for Inkling and Ruby. My two best friends!! They couldn't be more different. I've never been able to figure out how I can be like each of them, but they are so different from one another. They each fulfill a different part of my "girly" need for deep friendship. I've never lived near either one of them...it's a God thing. No matter how often Smart Guy and I move or where to, I can never leave them behind. They are always just a phone call or memory away. I love them. Losing one of them, would be like losing my right arm.

...we've moved back to "God's country"....the midwest. I made some friends that I'll love always and know I can always count on, but I never want to live in the South again. I'm so not a southerner, I'm a midwest girl.

...for God's unconditional love. I'm thankful that he bothered to create me and sent his son to suffer a horrible fate on this planet so that I can live under his incredible grace.


Thank you, Father, thank you, so, so much!!!!!

No comments: