Thursday, November 30, 2006

If Mom Sees The Kitchen Floor Needs Swept

Ya know that book , "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"? Here's my version...

If Mom sees the kitchen floor needs swept, she goes to the laundry room to get the broom to sweep it.
When she gets to the laundry room she realizes she hasn't put any clothes into the washing machine she started 10 minutes ago, so she goes upstairs to get the clothes.
When she gets upstairs, she sees the bed needs to be made, so she goes to the bathroom closet to get new sheets (it's been awhile) to put on the bed.
When she gets to the bathroom, she sees the toilet needs to be scrubbed, so she goes back down to get to toilet bowl cleaner from the downstairs bathroom.
When she gets to the downstairs bathroom, she realizes that the rugs need to be shook out.
When she goes to put the rugs back down in the bathroom, she realizes that the floor needs swept, so she goes to the laundry room to get the broom to sweep it.
When she gets to the laundry room to get the broom, she realizes that she never did get that laundry to put into the washing machine, so she goes back upstairs to get it.
When she gets back upstairs to get the laundry, she once again sees that the bed needs clean sheets.........

ADD? Quite possibly!! This is a typical day in my life!!! Oh well, at least I get alot of excercise going up and down the steps.

By the way, I will not post again until tomorrow. I have to admit, I'm addicted. Pathetic isn't it!! I need help!!! Like Lauren, does anyone know of a "Bloggers Anonymous" I could attend:)

7 comments:

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Suggestion:

Make a list ( they help ). Do # 1 on the list and then cross it off.

Then you can go forward.

Have a sheet of paper and pen ready so you can add to it.

Do you want an example ?

Grace said...

Spoken like a man who sits in an office all day and doesn't have a "real" job!!

Just so ya'll know, I'm usually an obsessive list maker, just not where my house is concerned normally! I usually get made fun of for my detailed lists!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like me until I decided I was making more work for myself than necessary. Now I take everything to that room I'm going to and don't leave until it's all done.LOL..In other words I could be grounded

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Well in my house just to make a list would require too many steps up and down..get the right paper ( back of junk mail) then downstairs to find a pen..then back up for the paper...which I have put in the paper recycle now outside...If your just going to back to bed in 10 hours why make it? Okay stop laughing now.

Grace said...

Maybe we should take all the stuff we need to do to Ang's room and not leave until we get it all finished.

FarmWife said...

I'll try to find it, but Zann and I wrote a "Give a Mom a Mop" and posted it on Nudge-Nudge a few months back...you'll love it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Me!! company!!! Wow!!! Well I've got to get busy and clean..Who's coming?