Monday, November 20, 2006

Finally!!

Well, here I am!! I've made my appearance in the world of blogdom. My best friend, Inkling, has been telling me I should for ages. She laughs at me when I say, "If I had a blog, I'd write about that." I can't wait to see if I actually come up with things to post about now that I've got my own place to do so. Of course, my family should provide me with some interesting stories. Prophet is 9 years old and so fair-minded. Drama King is 7 and just that. He causes me to revisit the story of the boy who cried wolf a couple dozen times a month. Bee is three and a fun combo of girly-girl and up and coming tomboy. They're all Y.P.K. s( that's youth pastor's kids ) so they have not a single shy bone in their bodies.
The person who gives them their Y.P.K. status is my wonderful husband. We'll call him Smart Guy!! I've always said that between him and my dad, I can get any question answered. Who needs the internet. He was once told by a principal he'd never amount to anything. Can you believe that? If she could only see him now!! Three college degrees later and I think he needs to find her and make her eat here words!!
Oh yah, there's the dog... we'll call him Bowzer...uhhhh well because that's his name and it so fits him!!! He's been mistaken for a pony in the back yard. If you ever walked thru my backyard when it's been a week or so since "poop patrol" was done, you'd swear there was a moose livin' back there, but since that would probably be illegal, I promise, it's just a dog. A very large, 130 pound, brown beast that we all love incredibly. ( Inkling has issues with my dog. She says it's just allergy issues...yah whatever...I just don't get it.)

3 comments:

Inkling said...

Welcome to blogdom! I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say. 'course then we'll have to talk about other things.... =)

As for Bowzer......besides the fact that big dogs scared the living daylights out of me as a child, and the fact that he makes me sneeze, I think he'd take me for a walk if I ever had to add him to my list of babysitting charges. Issues...okay, should I get counseling for that?

Inkling said...

p.s. Is it just me, or do you too have the 80's (or whatever era) song "Finally" running through your head? Finally...it's happened to me....right in front of my face....and I just cannot hide it.....

Okay, if I butchered the lyrics, forgive me. I just recently found out that the famous song "I see trees of green...." has the phrase "and the dark sacred night" in it. All this time I've been singing "and the dogs say goodnight", and wondering how dogs fit into the song. I'm totally a visual learner. My auditory skills pretty much include the ability to hear M&M's being poured into a jar from great distances. That's about it.

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Welcome to fun and strange world of bloggerville.....Hope you have loads of fun.