Wednesday, November 22, 2006

This Says It Best

These are the lyrics to a song that Cindy Morgan wrote in 1992 for her Real Life album. I loved them then as a freshmen in college and I cherish them now as a mother, wife, daughter, and friend. I don't think anyone has ever put it down as well as Cindy did, not for myself anyway. Today, being the day before Thanksgiving, seemed like the perfect time to remind everyone to thank God for the everyday things that we tend to take for granted. Yah, sure we're all thankful for our families, our homes, having food on the table, and clothes on our backs....but what about that warm fuzzy feeling that we get when we see the fall leaves, smell the first lilacs of the spring, or hear a small voice say, "Mommy, I love you." That's from God too. He deserves all the credit. He's amazing! He's incredible! He deserves to be thanked for all he has done for us, even when it seems that everything has gone beserk. Slow down and thank him!!

HOW COULD I ASK FOR MORE
There's nothin' like the warmth of a summer afternoon,
Wakin' to the sunlight,
Or bein' cradled by the moon,
Catchin' fireflies at night,
Buildin' castles in the sand,
Kissin' Mama's face goodnight,
And holdin' Daddy's hand...

Thank you, Lord,
How could I ask for more?

Runnin' barefoot thru the grass,
A little hide and go seek,
Bein' so in love that you could hardly eat,
Dancin' in the dark when there's no one else around,
Bein' bundled 'neath the covers watching snow fall to the ground...

Thank you, Lord,
How could I ask for more?

So many things I thought could bring me happiness,
Some dreams that are realities today.
It's such an irony the things that mean the most to me,
Are the memories that I've made along the way.

So if there's anything I've learned from this journey I am on...
Simple truths will keep you goin',
And simple love will keep you strong.
For there are questions without answers,
And flames that never die.
And heartaches we go thru are often blessings in disguise.

So...thank you, Lord!!!!
Thank you, Lord!!!!
How could I ask for more?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love that song. Thanks for the reminder!!!!