Monday, May 14, 2007

My Day

I've had a good day (relatively speaking). I've worked very, very hard at staying up today. I rested for about 30 minutes around 2:00 and then got up to work again. If I stay busy, life doesn't seem so awful. The problem is that I'm still pretty fried as far as energy goes, but I have to keep going. I'd rather be exhausted in the evening than mentally warped all day long.

At the moment I am getting ready to put my eighth (I think) load of laundry of the day into the washer. Our master bedroom is cleaner than it's been in awhile. My goal this morning was for the four laundry baskets that have been full of the same clean laundry for the last three weeks to be empty and put away by bedtime. They are and then some. We've been wondering where all the boys' underwear and socks had disappeared to, and lo and behold I got to the bottom of a basket of laundry that my dad did two weeks ago, and there they were. So they now have about 18 pairs of underwear and 16 pairs of socks in their drawer. Much better than the four or five that I kept washing. It's been like Christmas around here today. I have a trashbag with Bee's outgrown stuff ready for my cousin's little girl and another pile of the boys' stuff started for Cleanin' Cuz's little guy. I have discovered that my closet does indeed have a floor in it... who knew.

I got a package from my mother-in-law today. It had an inflatable bath pillow, two candles, a tin of Hershey's kisses, a Chicken Soup book, a really cute cosmetic bag, and a card. It was fun getting an unexpected box on my front porch. Of course Bee had to help me open everything. She was more excited than I was, especially about the kisses.

I talked to Inkling twice today. Talked to Ruby for about two minutes just as we were sitting down to dinner. I'll have to call her back tomorrow to get in a decent conversation. Overall, it's been a much better day! I dread tomorrow morning. I hate mornings anyway, and right now they are near torture, but I have to get up. Please pray that as I lay there not wanting to get out of bed, that I remember today and how it felt once I was up!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

hey, you can call me to make sure i'm off my rear tomorrow morning... not TOO early, or i'll be cranky, but maybe around 9 a.m. central time?

i may have to e-mail those photos to you, not sure if i'm brave enough to share them with the world...

great job today!

Anonymous said...

the sun will rise, and you will get up if not for yourself for your loved ones. You continue to inspire and set the bar for us.

Love you

Anonymous said...

You are prayed for! I will call you in the morning!
Mom

Inkling said...

Please, please, write about the meatloaf escapade. I'm still chuckling over it........

crt said...

you go girl!