Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hey!

Hello friends! Bee and I came over to the church to hang-out in the youth room so we can have different walls around us than our house for a few hours. It's a beautiful day outside. Somehow our area managed to escape the horrible storms that came thru yesterday by a few miles. All of our local channels had thunderstorm things in the corner of the screen all day long and it looked really scarey for quite awhile, but it passed by us with a little wind and barely a sprinkle. We've actually had to turn on our A.C. a couple times the last couple days to cool off the upstairs. The downstairs doesn't get too hot, but the upstairs is stifling.

I cleaned out the fridge yesterday. I was talking to Inkling while I was doing it, so I'm sure it sounded like I was in a cave while we were talking. I spilled blue jell-o in there back in February when I made jell-o jigglers for D.K.'s birthday and never cleaned it up. Needless to say it was close to being a permanent fixture on the glass shelves and on the front of every shelf all the way to the bottom. I knew it was time to clean it out, when we didn't have room for the food that people have been bringing to us the last several weeks. Since I felt pretty good yesterday, I decided to clean it out. It's amazing how good it feels to have a clean fridge.

I gave some two week old chicken leftovers to the dog in one of those "gladware" type containers that it was stored in. He ate all the chicken and then took off with the container like it was some amazing treasure that he was never gonna give back. He was hilarious to watch and there was no way to catch him. He'd toss it in the air and then jump on it as if to "kill it". When I went out the door to get it from him before he destroyed it and left bloody pieces of plastic all over the yard, he laid down in a pouncing position, looking right at me, and held it tight between his front paws. He wasn't about to give-it-up without a fight. He finally did tire of it though and walked away from it. I had to watch my back though when I walked out into the yard unprotected. He's been known to jump on us in his playful moods and forget how big he is. Seeing how he actually weighs more than myself right now, he could do some damage without meaning to. So, the container is away from the dog, but in the trash. He did manage to chew-it up pretty good before I got it back. Oh well!

I have to go buy D.K. some new shorts and shirts. Almost everything from last summer is too short on him. Which is no suprise. Of course, Prophet has most of his stuff from last summer that still fits pretty good and all of D.K.'s hand-me-downs, so he really doesn't need anything. I'll probably get him a few things just so he feels important too, but then again, I'm not sure he really cares at all. Bee's got a bunch of stuff handed down from Cleanin' Cuz's little girl, June, so she's set pretty good for summer. I'll probably just buy her a few little dresses, a new swimsuit, and some sandals and consider her wardrobe set.

Well, girls I have another abscess. I found the lump yesterday afternoon and immediately called the dr. They had me come in to look at it and sent me in for an ultrasound this morning to see if it was an abscess or a cyst. I was hoping for a cyst, but it's an abscess. It's small, only about about 1cm at this point, so they won't do surgery on it. Hopefully antibiotics will take care of it, but we just have to see. On a better note, after they took the drains out on Monday, the flossing got much easier. It only takes about 2 minutes to do both sides instead of the hour or so, it was taking before. And the pain is much better. This new abscess doesn't hurt very badly at this point, and I'm obviously hoping we can get it under control before it does start hurting like the other did. I'm probably gonna have to go on a stronger antibiotic though which I know will make me sick. I'm supposed to call the surgeon down in Indy tomorrow after she gets the report from the ultrasound and see what she thinks about it. She may have other plans. I just wish I could get on the good medication. The good stuff should prevent this from happening, but the problem is that I have to be completely infection free in order to start them.
If we can't get the abscesses to clear-up before another one starts, then it could take forever to get started on the new medication. At this point, I'm just sick of this. I want it to be over or at least on it's way to being over. I want my life back.

The boys have a field-trip next week. I'm praying I feel well-enough that day to go with them. I know it'll wear me out, but I really want to go with them. I told their teachers that even if I do go, I'm not going as a chaperone, I'm going to be with my boys and I don't want to be in charge of a group of kids.

Well, gotta go! Later!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow- you must be feeling better if you tackled the fridge! My fridge is in need of a thorough scrubbing. Sorry to hear another abscess showed up. ARgh. That's way worse than my insomnia.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Not just cleaning out the fridge, but the hard caked on stuff you've been trying to pretend wasn't there? You rock! And you inspire me too. I'm going to clean out my fridge...right after my nap. =P

Not knowing what kind of timetable you're on with all this has got to be so hard. If you could even have some reasonable idea of when it would all be over, it would so much easier to deal with. We need to see that light at the end of the tunnel, don't we? ~hugs~

Caslon said...

Happy to hear you are feeling a little better and can "floss" without so much pain - but sorry to hear about the new abscess.

I hope the antibiotics will take care of it for you.

I need to clean the fridge too.... maybe someday...

Anonymous said...

oh put me in disgrace here. I haven't worked on cleaning since last week.

I hope you start feeling much better soon. I miss ya.