Friday, May 4, 2007

Rough Morning

I'm having a hard time this morning. I'm by myself right now. The boys are at school, Smart Guy and Bee have left for her MRI, and Mom and Dad are on their way here. It was hard saying goodbye to Bee. I had to hide my tears. The only other time I was not with one of my children for something medical was after the wreck last year. I've been at all the MRIs that Bee and Prophet have had. Smart Guy just stood at the door and held me for awhile and let me cry before he left with her. Nothing has ever happened before, but I'm not there this time and I'm scared. She told me that she needed me to be there with her while she went to sleep. Damnit I want this health-crap to be over and done with so I can be a mom again. My boys have been picked up from school by someone different everyday this week and only by Jeff once.

Mom, Dad, and I leave at noon or so to head for Indy for the surgery. It's at the Franscican (sp) surgery center on the southside for anyone that wants to fly in and see me. Ha. I'll be home early tomorrow afternoon. Love you guys!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please wrap Grace, Bee, Smart Guy, Prophet, DK, Suela & Grace's Dad in your arms today. You know the physical and emotional turmoil they have gone through already. You know the feeling of the waves tossing the boat in the sea, and you alone know how it was calmed in an instant. "Peace be still." Please bring this precious family the comfort and peace that only You can offer and provide. Give Bee the ability to lie still, the Doctors the accuracy to do what they need to do and the knowledge to make appropriate diagnoses and treatments. Please provide financially, help ease this stressful time whatever it takes. Lord Jesus, be with this family today.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That was beautiful Lauren.

My own prayers echo the same sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Bethany was precious and perfect at the MRI and she is showing no side effects tonight.

Stacey came through the surgery w/ flying colors. No tubes. They were able to drain it - her spirits are up.

She will be home tomorrow.

Smart Guy

Anonymous said...

saying prayers.I'm sorry this is so late..I just got onto the blogs and yes that's right 2:27am my time.(PST) I still need to go to bed..lol...