Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Mom

Ya know, I don't even know where to begin when writing a Mother's Day post for/about my mom. She's an amazing woman. She's been thru alot in her life and came out an incredible person.

As a teenager my friends were all amazed that I liked my mom. They were amazed that we didn't fight and that I didn't constantly try to defy her. My friends always did like to spend time at our house because it was a calm place to be. Inkling has said many times that a day in her house is worth thousands of dollars worth of therapy. She's right, I still find myself calmer when I visit her home.

My mom's not actually the same person today that she was while I was growing up. She has changed alot since then. She went back to school. She started her own business. She became a grannie to three great little people. She is much more open-minded to new things than she was taught to be as a child and she has passed that on to me.

Today was a rough day for both of us. For her, mother's day is always tough because of her own personal "mom issues" that she works daily to overcome. This year it was tough for both of us for an additional reason. Some of you know and understand. There were alot of tears today, but I'm thankful that we were together to talk thru them.

Mom, I love you so much! I don't know what kind of person I'd be if it weren't for you in my life. I thank God that I'm your daughter and your my mom. There is no other woman on the planet that I could imagine having for a mom. Our relationship is precious to me. I cherish it now and will always! Happy Mother's Day to the most amazing mom I could ever have! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do I say...I love you more everyday and I stand in amazement of your strength...NOTHING will change us Stace...you are my precious daughter, no miles, no words will change that...we will ALWAYS be us!
Loving you more today than yesterday...and forever!
Mom