Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tea Party Time

Good morning everyone... internet was down again yesterday for some reason. I went up to the church to get on for awhile, but didn't have time to post.

The doc changed my antibiotic yesterday. Seems the one I was on wasn't really doing it's job, so I switched. Oh boy, at least it doesn't seem to be making me sick.

Bee's preschool class is having a Mom's Tea Party this morning at 10:45. I'm so glad I feel up to going. Bee informed us this morning that she had to look beautiful for the tea party today and so did I. I'm so glad the dress I picked out for her last night was "beautiful enough" for her to wear, but I still have no idea what I'm wearing. Better go did thru the stuff in the closet to see what I can come up with. I hardly have dresses anymore because no one really wears them at the church we go to now or the one we were at in AL. I do have one faithful standby that I bought for a friends wedding about 4 years ago that should work. It's a lite- green-ginghan sundress. We'll make it work. It's just a preschool tea-party after all. I can't wait to go sit on a pillow in a little-tiny-preschool-butt-sized chair, but I wouldn't miss being there with Bee for anything.

We went to Menard's to look at mattresses for Bee's new bed last night. We stopped at McD's to get ice cream and brought it home to sit on the deck outside and eat together. Then we went next door to the neighbors and played outside until almost 9:00. I know that's late on a school night. But it's so pretty at that time of day and in the Eastern time zone, it's still broad daylight at that time. The kids act like they're being abused if you make them get into bed when it's light outside.
I'm sure alot of teachers are noticing tired children in their classes right now. Most of our subdivision is still out playing at 9:00 and even later.

Well, I must go get ready for the tea party.. later! Have a fun day!

11 comments:

crt said...

how was the tea and crumpets?

Anonymous said...

Did you have scones with your tea? How was it? I bet Miss Bee was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! and so was her mommy!!

Glad you are on new meds and hope they kick soon to do their job..We can't keep this good woman down..

Hugs

Angie said...

Don't forget to lift your little finger when you drink...i would hate for you to have such a social faux paus at the party. great to hear your voice the other day! miss you! smootch!

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

the comment that was deleted was a double post of the one i left. i didnt' realize it would put the shell there to show that a comment was deleted. weird.

Lauren said...

angie- yeah, that's so if someone stalks you, then changes their mind, you still know someone was there.

grace- did you and bee have a good time?

Anonymous said...

And how was the Tea? Were you both beautiful and ladylike? I, too, would like to know if you had crumpets? This day had to a memory maker for both of you. So glad you felt like going. Love, nlt

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Hope the tea party was delightful. =)

And if it weren't for a heavy blanket over the girls' windows, this'd be a madhouse, I'm sure!

Caslon said...

Sounds like fun! Glad to hear you are up to doing things again.

Queen Mother said...

I love tea parties so I just know you, Miss Bee and the other ladies had a wonderful time.

I have also just caught up on your flossing adventures.

Oh how my heart goes out to you. Pa and I had the flu thing for just a few days and that bottom end pain did me in.

Your story is like "nightmare on elm street" althought I have never seen the movie I know its a horror, so it must equate to what your going through.

Happy to read that you have a new doctor who is helping you recover faster.

We pray that healing comes faster too.

FarmWife said...

hope the tea party was a smashing sucsess!