Friday, May 4, 2007

Surgery Update On Grace

It's Inkling again. Smart Guy just called us here in Canada.

Grace is out of surgery and resting in the hospital. The abcess was able to be completely cleaned out, and they did not have to insert drains. I'm sure Grace is happy about that. Had her insurance cooperated, she would be home by now, but because they are the way they are, she gets to have a slumber party at the hospital tonight. But she will be home tomorrow.

As for Bee, well, she was her typical charming self with all the nurses and doctors at her MRI appointment. Smart Guy said they were nearly late because she felt it necessary to stop at every nurses station to say hello.

The night before the MRI, Smart Guy had explained to Bee that the doctors were good doctors, and did all he could to put her mind at ease. Apparently, when they met with the anethesiologist today Bee said, "Can I ask you a question?" A little surprised at the boldness of a four year old, the anethesiologist assented. Then Bee said, "My daddy says you are a good doctor. Is that true?" And with that, our little Cinderella/Bee bravely went into her MRI. They will know the results on Monday most likely.

Now I'll bid you all adieu, with my thanks for praying and for hanging out in Grace's corner with her. I'll let her update you all when she's up to it, and will sign off from my co-author duties.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the update. Rest well tonight, friends.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Bee definitely has her parents' strength. What an amazing girl!

Thanks for the update - so glad they didn't have to put in drains this time!

Anonymous said...

saying prayers and thank you inkling and smart guy for the updates

FarmWife said...

I am so glad this didn't involve more drains & that the hospital allowed them to work around the insurance issues.

Get well soon, Grace!

Caslon said...

Grace,
I've been thinking and praying for you and your family all week. I've not been on the blogs much this week - but you have been in my thoughts.
So glad to hear the surgery went well and that Bee did well for her MRI. Hoping for good news.
-Caslon

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am back again with easy games, now.
Spread the word,
kind regards