Monday, April 30, 2007

Let's Have a Pitty Party for Grace

I went to the surgeon down in Indy again this afternoon. She removed the drains. It hurt like crazy and after a few stitches Smart Guy's arm was pretty much back to normal. He pulled a chair over by the table so he was sitting eye-level with me while they cut the stitches, YANKED them out, and then again YANKED out the drains. He put his arms and hands on the table for me to do whatever I needed to do with them. I started out just doing some major squeezing, then I started blowing "raspberries" on his arm for distraction, and then he actually said, "if you need to bite my arm, go ahead." As tempting as it was, I refrained for his sake. So no, he didn't actually have to have stitches, but I wouldn't be suprised if his arms and hands are sore tomorrow.

Great news! The setons (new and proper spelling) hanging from my bahooney will be staying in and being flossed twice daily indefinitely. My doc said she's got patients who have had them for over a year just to be sure that the abscess doesn't fill up and get infected all over again. Lovely, just what I wanted to hear. Oh well, at least the drains are out and the pain has diminished somewhat. Doc said after another month or so of healing, it shouldn't hardly hurt at all to floss. For now, I"m still taking the pain pills an hour or so before hand. Fortunately since I only have to do it twice a day now, I'll get up early, take the pill, go back to sleep, get up, floss,, and hopefully have the meds wear off by mid-morning. Then in the evening, I'll do it all after the kids are in bed. So, that should be an improvement in hopefully beginning to get my life back little by little. I can sit a little better, now that the drains are gone, that's really a good thing.

I came across the video of Inkling and H.D.'s wedding a couple nights ago. I hadn't watched it since that day when Bee was watching it in the hotel. It made me so homesick for her and Ruby. That was also the last time I saw Ruby and her family. Of course Ruby now has an extra family member I have yet to see. I wish I would get better so I could hop on a train or plain and go see them. I want my friends right now. I can't wait to see Inkling in June, I'm counting the days!

9 comments:

FarmWife said...

If anyone deserves a pity party it's you, girlfriend! Guess this give new meaning to the term 'butt floss.' No longer will I think 'thong.' :)

Sorry, couldn't stop myself!

zann said...

LOL on farmwife's comment.
Not that I'm laughing at your misery... but you gotta admit that's an interesting connection she's made.

Seriously though, that really is icky news. And I'm so sorry you have to go through it. But at least it will help you stay healthy and blogging. And really that's all we want.

Anonymous said...

hope you get your fixin's on your friends. Saying prayers for you my dear.

Heaven said...

It sounds like you are on the mend. I hope! We miss you at church. Did you get Bee's picture that she made you this past Sunday?

I will continue to pray for you and your family.

crt said...

we are praying for God's peace to overwhelm during this storm. take care.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Glad there's some good mixed in with the bad, and that you have a visit in June to look forward to (glad of that for both your sakes - you each need a big dose of the other). ~big hugs~

Marianne said...

Thanks for the update... I hope that you can get some kind of a "normal" life back soon... Miss seeing you at church .. and totally miss your cooking :) love ya girl...

Lauren said...

ugh.... I think I'll take a wardrobe caused butt floss ANY day over what you're going through.

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Well I am so glad that you get a June visit..THAT is the best news ever. Hope you feel better everyday...