Saturday, April 14, 2007

Snow, Noise, Make-Believe, and Babies

It's snowing. It's April 14 and it's snowing. I know I'm not in the south anymore, but it shouldn't be snowing on April 14. The flakes are huge, the size of quarters and bigger. None of it's sticking, for which I'm thankful. The weather says it should be 66 by the end of next week. I hope so, I'm ready for warm weather again, please.

Still no word about the meeting. You would really think someone would have contacted my hubby with something by now, but nope. Oh well!

The boys are here at Mom and Dad's now. The noise level in the house quadrupled when they got here from what it's been the rest of the week with just Bee. Wow! I missed them, I did not miss the arguing, fighting, competing, and loudless. I think Prophet actually missed me this week, he keeps coming over and giving me hugs and hanging all over me. While D.K. has always been a mama's boy, Prophet has not. He'd much rather have his daddy around, and he's been that way pretty much since birth. So the fact that he can't seem to be around me enough is kinda cool. I take hugs from my growing boys anyday. I know they'll probably go thru a "mom's not so cool" phase in a few years, so bring it on while they still want to.

As I'm sitting here typing, I am eating a plate of make-believe broccoli salad and a pink mug of Dora chicken noodle soup presented to me by Bee. She's very much into serving everyone right now and loves to make up different meals to "cook". At home she has all play dishes. Here at Grannie and Pa's house, she has a set a full-size hard plastic dishes, complete with all the matching flatware and all. She thinks she's bigstuff. She knows that I love broccolli salad, so I get a plate of it quite often, and everytime we discuss the special way that Mommy likes her broccolli salad... with chopped grapes instead of raisins. I can't stand raisins. Actually any dried fruit just makes me kinda go "oooooooooo". Nope, don't like them, not even in oatmeal cookies. I put fresh, chopped apples in those instead. Yummy! Okay so I'm making myself hungry about now. I guess it is almost dinner time. Probably should try to get something going for dinner.

Oh yah, I completely forgot to tell you guys... Cleanin'Cuz '75 is pregnant again.
They were sooooooooooo, totally not planning on any more babies. Their daughter June is five and the little boy Sonny is only 15 months. This has really thrown her for a loop. She's a planner and this wasn't planned. Please pray for her as she adjusts to this change in her life-plan. Some of the best things in life aren't planned out. My prayer for her is that she knows that she can do this. She can be a wonderful mother to three little people. I know she can.

Anyway, now to go do dinner. Snow, snow go away, don't come again another day (not until next December at least)!

3 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

We had quarter sized snow flakes today too. So bizarre because we thought Spring had overcome winter at last!

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats to cousin. Enjoy looking at the pretty snow, and I hope it stops for your drive home. We miss you.