Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Getting Better

Hey guys! Just thought I'd check in real fast while still balancing on one butt-cheek! I'm doing better everyday. I actually did a few things around the house today... don't bother telling me to take it easy, because I am. I already have a good mother, I don't need 10 more of ya, just be my friends. Trust me when I say I'm not overdoing it. Smart Guy has brought me breakfast and lunch in bed everyday since Saturday. He's really stepped up and taken over. He's awesome!

My biggest issue right now is how the drugs are making me feel. Yuck. They make me tired and they leave a constant HORRIBLE taste in my mouth that completely ruins my appetite, but I force myself to eat so I can my strength back up. The only things that sound good to me are tart, fruity flavored things.... popsicles, grape pop, jello, slurpies... all really bad for you stuff, but I figure if it makes me feel better then go for it.

Be back sometime in the next few days! I have a dr. appt. on Friday afternoon. I love you all! Hugs to you all! Goodnight!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey, stranger!

Glad to hear you sound more like your bloggity self. :-)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Frankly, I think you've earned the right to eat whatever you feel like! And yay for Smart Guy for being so awesome. And I won't razz you about doing stuff, because I imagine the having the ability to do even simple things has got to feel soooo good, and that'll help you heal up in other ways, right?

Thanks for keeping us up to date - still praying for you and your family. =)

Anonymous said...

oh man..I'm so glad you posted..I was ready to send out the blog cavalry.I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and miss you terribly my friend.

Many Many Many Hugs and Prayers to you.

FarmWife said...

Glad to hear you're up and going at least a little bit! I won't tell you to take it easy, but I will tell you to enjoy your "time off" as it were!

Caslon said...

So glad to hear you are up and about some. I hope you continue to heal and gain strength...
Still prayin for you.

Anonymous said...

I thought of you much today. I remembered that you were to go in for a follow up. I pray you received some good news and that you are feeling better, stronger daily. You have been such a wonderful friend.

Hugs