Saturday, March 31, 2007

Home Again and Feeling Very Loved

Hey wonderful friends and family. I'm home from the hospital and doing much better. I'm still in some pain, but compared to what I'd been dealing with since
last Friday, this is a breeze. I'm very tired and weak due to being in bed since Monday morning and the whole mental part of dealing with so much pain.

We'll know in the next two weeks or so if the surgery to drain the abscess was completely successful. For now I'm being positive and assuming it was successful and will continue to be while I take immaculate care of myself.

I have a month worth of meds and Smart Guy is working to get it filled every month for the rest of my natural born life.

Thank you so much for the prayers, love, and concern. Until you've gone thru something like this, you have no idea what it feels like to know that there are people all over the country loving you and praying for you. I was literally on the phone with Inkling telling her to post to my blog while they were pulling my bed out of my room and towards the surgical suite. You guys are so incredibly important to me and I knew you'd hold me up. You're an awesome group of women and I love you all.

I have read everyone's posts this week. Smart Guy read them aloud to me one night and copied them all for me another because I was unable to sit up for more than a few seconds at a time due to the location of this lovely "2-inch infected zit" (gross, huh). I've read some for myself right off the screen earlier this evening. Know that while you aren't getting comments from me, I'm still here, just not able to sit long enough for any extra typing.

I will be swallowing up to 15 pills a day for awhile. Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a pill-weenie and hate to swallow them. I'm talkin' one pill at a time, throwin' the head back and everything... it's very dramatic. Smart Guy and Mom think it's hilarious and laugh whenever they watch, if anyone wants to come beat them up for me, have at 'em. It'll pretty much take forever to swallow.

Well, I must climb in bed, I haven't actually slept for more than a few hours a night since last Saturday night, so I'm purty much fried! I love you guys!

13 comments:

Caslon said...

Welcome home!
I'm so glad you came out of the surgery well and you are on the meds that will help you. We are praying for your recovery and that something will change with your insurance.

Lauren said...

So glad you are home! Hey, this is going to sound crazy considering where your best friend lives, but I heard of someone who bought zofran for her morning sickness from canadadrugs.com. I wonder if they have your meds? They were a LOT cheaper, and all she had to do was fax them a copy of the prescription.

Inkling said...

It did my heart good to read this post, knowing that my job was finished for now. Of course, I don't consider my job of "kicking butt and making people get thoughtful and kind" over. =) I'm sure Smart Guy is so pleased with that......

As for getting drugs from Canada.....yeah, it is way cheaper here. BUT, they don't always have the name brand, nor is it always made by the same company. You'd think that would be impossible, but after taking their version of a "Z-pak", I discovered it is. Still, it might be worth considering.

You get well, girlfriend. I plan on seeing you and the SOG kiddos in two months. Henry David was bummed to hear that Smart Guy wouldn't be there for him to hang with, but he understands that the beach and thousands of teenagers are calling your sweet hubby.

Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are home. rest up sweety. Saying prayers for a good and quick recovery.

crt said...

thrilled to heart that you are resting in the comforts of you own home. i'm praying for you whole situation.

Anonymous said...

Ruby here!
I am glad to hear that you are on the mend! Continue getting rest and enjoy this time of a mandatory "Do nothing" as we both know as mothers that doesn't happen too often! :)

Still sending prayers your way.

FarmWife said...

I am so very glad to hear you are home to recover in you own bed! You gave us quite a scare there, girly. we love you and hope all goes well from here on out!

Angie said...

I always am the last to comment it seems...i normally would write some wonderful encouraging spiritual words of wisdom to you after this awful ordeal...BUT 7 other people have already done that, and i'd much rather make fun of you for taking all the pills one by one...i have a visual image in my head from a time back at Bigstuf of you doing just that...

seriously though, Glory to God for his magnificient provision. Let us know what, if anything we can do to help. I love you!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Like Inkling said, did my heart good to read that. You've been in our families thoughts and prayers. My little girl Emma has been praying for "Grace" every day.

I'm a pill weenie too so I have some teeny idea what you're going through.

Let us know what we can do to help. If we beautiful blogging babes have to start a Bloggisphere campaign to get you your meds, we'll do it!

I'm so amazed by your positive attitude...it's humbling and inspiring all at once.

Marianne said...

Grace-
I am so glad that you are getting better.. Billy boy has asked to come to your house almost daily... When i told him you were sick he said something like she can't be sick i need her... if that doesn't warm your heart... WE love you and can't wait to see you well and healthy....
marianne

zann said...

Glad to have you back. Haven't been commenting much recently myself, but I have been praying for you. May you continue to heal and may things get continually better.
z

Nan said...

Ditto on what everyone said. I'm still praying for you too.

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Hi sweetie..so glad you are home and recovering in your own bed.Anything we can do? Prayers always but anything else? Hope you'll be well and going again strong as ever. love you...