Friday, March 2, 2007

Untitled (brain is blank)

Well I'm a single mama for the weekend. Smart Guy and the entire church staff left at 7 am this morning for a conference in AL. Fortunately I've got good kids that won't completely put me at my wits end by the time he gets home. Smart Guy usually takes the boys to school, but this morning I had to get up and take them my self since he had already left (yes I'm aware of the fact that I'm spoiled). After we dropped them at school, Bee and I headed to Wally World to get the food for Sunday Night's dinner for the teenagers... sloppy joes, chips, dip, baby carrots, ice cream, and warm cookies. Then we came over to the church to drop off the food in the fridge here and work for a couple hours to get the ed wing ready for services this weekend. I'm sitting in Smart Guys office posting because my computer wouldn't work when I tried to get on at 6:30 this morning. It's snowing a little bit. It's very windy with 40-50 mph wind gusts. We may get an inch or so of snow.

...the person who was SPRC (Staff-Parish Relations Committee) chair person last year when all those promises that weren't kept were made to us, just came in the office to tell me something. She's working in the office answering phones and such since the staff is away. I have to admit that it's very difficult to look her in the eyes right now. I keep waiting for the apology that will probably never come, but oh well. I'm very frustrated this morning... feeling very annoyed at the entire situation... very angry at what may happen. I can't post it all here because of certain lurkers, but will try to get an email out to my blog girls later today to keep you posted.

Anyway, we've got our school carnival tonight. Since I'm doing it alone, Bee is going to Mr. and Mrs. Music and Dora's house to play for the evening. I've watched Dora for them a few times this week because their babysitter quit last week and they havn't found a new sitter yet. They asked me to keep her, but I just can't. I've got enough on my plate. If I add a 2 1/2 year old to the already chaotic mix that is my life, it will be even crazier. I can't fit another carseat into my van. It alreay has one carseat and three boosters in it with Billy Boy's in there too. Walmart trips would be very difficult, whereas with Billy Boy and Bee they are still very doable with those big carts they now have. With Billy Boy and Bee I can still come up to the church and work while they play in another room. I can't do that with Dora because she's still too little to leave in another room playing. She hates the vacuum cleaner with a passion. Everytime I turned it on yesterday, she broke-down in huge crocodile tears until I picked her up to comfort her. I told Mrs. Music that I'd help them out for three weeks until they found a new sitter. I feel guilty in a way, but I know I shouldn't. I'm also quite proud of myself for being able to set up that boundry and not let it down just because she's a friend. But anyway, I told her she didn't have to pay me for yesterday if she'd entertain Bee tonight during the carnival... so we now have an unofficial babysitting co-op going. I can't wait for an entire evening with just my boys. Maybe I'll take them out for dinner too. Maybe I'll ask them if they want to skip the carnival and go see a movie with their mommy! It could be interesting to see which way they decide. Of course, I'm sure one will want the carnival and one will want the movie. We'll see, maybe I won't give them a choice.

Well, I was gonna go down and finish up cleaning for the weekend, but they're down there steam cleaning the carpets. I guess that means I won't have to vacuum today at least. I never posted about it, but last weekend our entire education wing flooded. Each of our classrooms has a low counter with a sink and water fountain on it. Well, sometime after 6:30 last Friday night, the fountain in Bee's preschool classroom popped off. It shot straight up into the air all night long. It shot up so hard that there's a very impressive, 4 inch diameter hole in the ceiling straight above it. Can you imagine if some poor, unsuspecting child had been taking a drink when that happened? The poor little thing would be scarred for life. Normally our ed wing is not used at all on Saturdays. The rest of the building is super busy, but the ed wing stays closed until Sunday morning most of the time. So it's a miracle that someone found the geyser before Sunday morning. There's a ladies knitting group that meets at 8 or so on Saturday morning. One of them needed to use the potty, so instead of going to the main bathrooms, she turned and went to use the family potty in the ed wing. When she walked into the hallway she noticed that the sunlight coming in the ed wing doors was shining off the carpet in the hallway. She thought it looked wierd and went to check it out. It's a miracle that she did, because the wing was under about 4 inches of water at the time. It was a mess to say the least. They immediately got a company in here to suck up the water, and set up fans and dehumidifiers. In all, there were 29 floor fans and 5 dehumidifiers in there. We had to tape the wing off for Sunday morning. We combine 1st thru fifth graders into one classroom, put all the little one's in the two youth rooms above the ed wing and moved the youth to the coffee house room for the morning. All in all, it went off without a hitch. So now, we're all dried out and getting it cleaned up. The only lasting damage was to about 10 kid's bibles that were in the cabinet right above the explosion. We've dried them out and while they are very wrinkled, they are still usable. All's well, that ends well!!

Well, I gotta run!! Later!

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

Maybe you should have just built an ark and floated them through sunday school...

Enjoy your weekend. BTW, did I tell you Swiss Miss is getting married? Her shower is next weekend @ 2nd.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow...what a lot you've got going on. I feel kind of guilty, but I enjoy reading posts like that because they make my life seem so simple.

Does that mean I'm an awful person?

Anonymous said...

Oh Mylanta!!! Hang in there Grace. Please remember to breath. Have fun with the boys. Hope you have some quality time. Ms. Bee sure is a busy bee. Hugs, and Miss ya.