Thursday, March 8, 2007

Calgon, Take Me Away

Well, I guess it's time to update since it's been four days. Apparently I've learned to control my addiction finally or maybe I'm just busy. Actually this week I've been sick. It started last Saturday when I woke-up coughing up a lung, but I didn't feel bad. Then Sunday I woke-up with hardly any voice, but I still didn't feel bad. Then around 6:00 that night I suddenly felt like I had run into a brick-wall at 70 mph. When we got home from church I climbed onto the couch with a blanket and let Smart Guy do bedtime alone. Monday morning I got out of bed long enough to see that the boys got up and got dressed and then sent them downstairs to get their own breakfast. I figured getting breakfast on your own occasionally builds character, but I still felt guilty. I closed the stairs gate, put on Noggin for Bee and climbed wearily back into my still-warm side of the bed and only got up one more time before noon (to feed my daughter her breakfast). By that time, I actually felt much better so I got up, showered, and assumed the worst was over. Wrong. I sailed thru the rest of Monday and Tuesday until around 8:30 pm simply coughing and talking like a frog. Then it hit me again. Except this time, my nose started running like a faucet and my cough got worse. So I crawled into bed, but I couldn't fall asleep. I actually was awake until after midnight that night. Yesterday I had Billy Boy and Dora both, so I drug my sorry butt out of bed and got dressed. I sneezed about 200 times during the day yesterday, usually in groups of at least 5 or 6 sneezes at a time. I had to clean the preschool yesterday afternoon, so I went over and did a quick job... empty trash, clean little-boy pee off the toilets, and dust-bustered the snack crumbs... which by the way drive me crazy. There is no reason that three and four-year-old children shouldn't be expected to clean up the crumbs that they drop on the floor and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Sorry, pet peave. I had Smart Guy get me a plate of dinner when he went thru the line and bring it back to me and I sat in seclusion and ate it. Actually it was kinda nice. It was totally quiet and no one knew where I was except Smart Guy. I came home went straight back to bed, it was about 8:00 and got up around 7:30 this morning. I feel a little better this morning, but we'll see what evening brings tonight.

I once again have Billy Boy and Dora. They are playing in the living room next to me as I type. Bee is at school. She'll be home around 11:30. I'll go over to the church to clean for the weekend this evening around 4:30.

Mrs. Music, Dora, Bee, and myself are all going to the Indianapolis Children's museum tomorrow. You're all invited if you wanna come, it'll be a grand time. Only problem is that THE PLAYSCAPE is closed, which was what we had planned on using the most. They are doing the annual cleaning all week long. Wouldn't you know it! Oh well, there's a ton of other things to do there. The cool part is that we get free-carousel rides with our membership so as long as none of us start throwing up, we can ride as much as we like. Smart Guy has issues with the carousel, he starts turning green just standing in line while the carousel goes around next to him. He's that boring grown-up that you see riding on the bench instead of standing up next to their child. As you can see, he doesn't get much sympathy from me, I think it's funny that a grown-man can't stand to go around in circles a few times.

Well, gotta run for now. Later!

6 comments:

Nan said...

We love the Indianapolis Children's Museum. Indianapolis is where my husband is from, and I always told the kids when they were growing up how lucky they were to have a wonderful city like that to visit when we visited relatives on vacation.

We've had the gkids there once when we went up for a funeral...killing two birds, so to speak...maybe that's not the best way to put it in this case.

But we never seem to have enough time to see everything. Hopefully we'll go back sometime soon and spend longer.
-Cate

crt said...

you have fun! mad thinks that our bathroom sinks are playscapes. i've had to clean up quite a few "experiments" today.
we need to go again soon.

FarmWife said...

Smart Guy has one up on me. I can't even ride on that little bench. No Ma'ma, I do not do anything that goes in circles...neither does Q.M. I have to set at the tables next to the caurosel and stare at the floor only looking up often enough to wave enthusiasticaly at Husband and the kids as they spin...ugh.

Hope you're on the up swing...being sick is no fun...especially when there are little ones to corral.

Anonymous said...

Give me an upside down 400 ft coaster at 90 mph any day over that merry-go-round.

It is insane but it kills my stomach.

Smart Guy

zann said...

eeee! I loved the Indianapolis Children's Museum! Got to go there one time when we went to visit DH's family for the first time right before we got married. Would love to go back. They had the big slide up for Christmas when we went - or maybe it's there all year.. I don't know but it was FUN! You all are sure to have a blast no matter what.

Oh! And get well soon!

Anonymous said...

I can handle a merry go round, or the scrambler, I can't handle a rollercoaster or a ferris wheel or octopus.

I really hope you are on the upswing. I'll find out as I read on. Hugs.