Friday, March 30, 2007

Update #2

Inkling here again. I just got off the phone with Grace. We got to talk for 40 of the most beautiful minutes I've ever known. It was so good to hear her voice. I asked her what she wanted me to tell you all, and took notes on what she said. Here's what's happening according to Grace......

1. Two exterior drains were inserted into the abcess last night. They did their job and were removed this morning.

2. "There are not enough cuss words in the English language to express the pain caused by the removal of those drains." That's a direct quote from my beloved Best Friend. She even invented a new word. I'd share it with you, but she said we'd probably shock too many readers. So, just know that this tough as steel woman was in serious pain. But she made it.

3. This has been really traumatic for her emotionally, and Grace said it goes way above and beyond dealing with back labor without an epidural when Bee was born. She's had a tough time sleeping.

4. Social Services provided information about help available for people without prescription insurance. Ironically, many of the organizations offering help are churches. I won't explain the irony here. Go to my blog if you want to figure it out. If you are reading this and are from Grace's church, by all means, go to my blog. I'm Inkling. Read it. Do something.

5. Grace will probably get to go home tomorrow! She is on major antibiotics for ten more days, and will also be on Crohn's medication. The hospital is going to give her three free days worth of Crohn's medication, but after that, it will cost them out of their own pockets. This medication must be taken three times a day, which means a total of 9 pills daily. You read that right. Nine pills for just one day's prescription. God, we need You to do Your thing here. Those pills don't grow on trees, and neither does the money required to pay for them.

In my opinion, Grace is one courageous and amazing woman. I love her to pieces and am thanking God that she is a fighter and is who she is. She has a long road ahead of her, especially with the after-effects of this. We are all praying that God does something amazing, that justice happens, and that Grace and Smart Guy are given the provision they need and deserve.

Grace sends her hellos, and I know she's grateful to have such a caring blog family. She may be the one giving the next update. Let's hope for that!

5 comments:

Heaven said...

Grace I want you to know that I am thinking of you and your family. I have been praying that something would be done about the insurance as I do not want your family to leave because of this. Smart Guy has done so much for our current youth and is doing a lot more than any other youth minister has done for them in the past. If I knew who to contact I would as I have left one church because of the powers that be ran the pastor (young adult) out of the church.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Still praying for you and everyone else who's hurting right now.

Caslon said...

We are praying for you Grace. So sorry for everything you are going through.

Anonymous said...

This is Grace's mom...I just want you all to know how much you mean to her...and how much I appreciate the support you all give to her....
She is an amazing daughter and I'm tellin' you I was so afraid last night...THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND BLESSINGS SENT IN HER DIRECTION...
Love you my Grace...don't know what I would do without ya...get healthy...I know you can 'cause you are a strong woman! Your kiddos are doing great...watching flushed away right now...
LOVEYOULOVEYOULOVEYOU
MOM

Anonymous said...

Grace I cannot begin to tell you the thoughts that have gone through my head these last few days. I know we are "blog" family but this feeling of helplessness and not knowing what's happening to you, smartguy, the kids your parents I swear I felt was killing me. I have sent many prayers up and will continue to do so.

Please keep fighting the good fight Grace. We need you in our temporal battle and there is so much for us to share with each other. You are an amazing woman, wife, mother and friend.

I love you.
Ang