Friday, March 9, 2007

As Expected

Well, as I kinda, sorta, but hoped not, thought, my comment on the "Moms for Modesty" blog appears to already be deleted by the author. Unfortunately this just proves my point even more. The "founders" of "Moms for Modesty" were okay with leaving a comment that puts down and judges other human beings, but when someone tried to point out the error of it and show another way of thinking it appears to have been zapped. I'm hoping that I'm wrong and that it suddenly reappears the next time I check, but I'm not hopeful. I'm saddened that are people out their that are so willing to judge. I guess it shouldn't surprise me though, that was me in the not so distant past.

While I really believe in what the "Moms for Modesty" mission statement says, I am honestly thinking about removing the button from my sidebar if my comment doesn't show-up again. Please believe me when I say that's it's not because I'm throwing a temper tantrum over "my" comment appearring to be deleted. It's because of the comment that wasn't deleted, but allowed to stay. I don't want to be associated with an "orginazation" that allows sanctimonious Christians to spew filth that doesn't show love to everyone.

I'm struggling with feeling judgemental myself towards this whole situation at the moment. Am I doing what I'm angry at them for doing or am I simply standing up for people?

I hate this. God never intended for his people to become so..... hateful, spiteful, sanctimonious, self-righteous, judgemental, or just plain mean. What has happened to us as Christians that it's okay to see a young girl walk into a church building wearing a skimpy shirt and we just turn around and go somewhere else that morning to "evangelize" (whatever that's so supposed to mean)? Looks to me that they had a perfect oppurtunity to "evangelize" standing right there in front of them.... and then to suggest or joke that it would even possibly be okay in Jesus' eyes to advertise with a sign that one should dress modestly to be welcomed in the church. Personally I don't want to attend a church like that. Do I want to see teenage girls in belly-shirts at church? Of course not, but I'd rather they be there and then teach them (with respect for them and what they've been thru or who they are and in a loving Jesus-like manner)to respect themselves and love the person God made them to be, than for them to not be there at all and just looked at as a skanky-dressed teenage girl. How utterly sad that the world I've claimed to be a part of has come to that.

I pray that my comment comes back up, it may renew my faith in Christians some, we'll see.

4 comments:

Caslon said...

I know a woman who stopped going to church in her teens becuase of the comments about her skirts being too short. She's 35 now and still will not go to church. And by "too short", it was maybe an inch abover her knee.
I think people should welcome anybody who comes through those church doors. You never know how you welcome them or fail to welcome them will affect their interpretation of Christians.

Anonymous said...

I would hate to think that God loved me for what I wore, amount of money I had, the kind of car I drove, etc. God loves EVERYONE. Of course, he would rather young girls not wear suggestive clothes but DON'T just look the other way or go somewhere else! They need help. God expects it of us. There are those in our church who talk about the dress code or lack there of. I WOULD RATHER THEY BE THERE IN THE WRONG CLOTHES THAN NOT AT ALL. Hang in there Grace. You can't take on the world alone.

Inkling said...

Guess what? I just saw your comment on there again. Did you talk with her? Or I wonder if it was just an internet fluke? Here's hoping your comment stays there!

Anonymous said...

grace you are #1207. I saw you at 10:25pm my time. Hang in their girl