Thursday, March 29, 2007

PRAY!

Hi all. This is Sara Orange/Inkling here. Grace asked me to post what's going on. Here goes.....

Grace was admitted to the hospital today. As she has mentioned, she has Crohn's disease. It is no longer in "remission" and is acting up. She has a 5 cm abcess that is infected. She is on a heavy-duty antibiotic that we are hoping will kill the infection. I just hung up with Grace and her mom as the doctors came to get her for surgery to drain the abcess.

She is in a lot of pain and very sick. We need to PRAY.

I have no idea what this will mean for insurance and finances for them, but know that their insurance situation is not the greatest. I am not certain this will be covered, due to their unique situation. (I'm being very kind and controlling my very opinionated tongue at this point, though I'd like to wax eloquent on their situation. Someday, I will. I may even kick somebody. But today is not the day.) We just need to pray.

If I hear any more news, I'll let you know. Or she may have her mom or her hubby update here. I don't know.

9 comments:

Nan said...

Praying taking place now. Please let Grace know I'm thinking of her and thanks, Inkling, for letting us know.
-Cate

Dylan and Family said...

We'll say some extra prayers too...please keep updated.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the message on our home machine Inkling, sorry we missed your call we were out eating dinner on the porch.

We will definately pray for Grace and the family...let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Love,
Ruby

Lauren said...

PRAYING!!!!! Thanks for the update!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I just got back from the hospital - there is no room for me to sleep. She (Grace) is sound asleep with great drugs going in her body.

She had surgery at 8 pm et and it lasted for about 90 mins. I talked to the doc via the phone ( another story ) and he said that it was not pretty at all in there.

However, they think they are able to drain everything properly. We will know more in the next 24 hours.

From the insurance end, no this is not going to be covered with the coverage we have but we will find a way to make it work.

I will share openly that I am ticked right now with the whole situation and feeling terrible. If she was on the meds she should have been on - this most likely would have not happened.

I will share more tomorrow afternoon when I am around a comp. I am sure Grace will try to be in contact with some of you.

Ruby, I am sorry I missed you and I can not retreive msgs so I did not know how late was too late.

Smart Guy
The Hubby

I Love You Grace. I know you will not see this till you are "semi-recovered"

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you Honey!! I am praying!!!!

Please keep in touch...

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Definitely praying for you Grace, and for all your family and friends who are heartsick right now.